• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ZuZu

He shows up … states his case .. and then makes his exit leaving us pleading for more … ;)
What a great strategy!! :D
I'll be here through tomorow off and on. My internet abstention
Not really "wearing" since the heat index was supposedly as high as 124° F in parts of the state today. Was able to muster up a fit pic of the newly aquired LW Foster G1 that was found at a militaria show this morning. Just couldn't bring myself to zip it up in this heat. This won't be worn. It's nearly mint and I don’t feel comfortable wearing it in public with the insignia. I'm still happy to have added it to the collection though.

View attachment 152513
There must be an interesting story behind the patching of this jacket and the jacket itself. The velcro says 80s or 90s and you can see that othere patches have been applied. This to me actually makes the current patching more "authentic" in that some guy who was in found this old original somewhere and put his patches on this instead of some crappy "E" model from his time. Cool.

B-Man2

I'll be here through tomorow off and on. My internet abstention

There must be an interesting story behind the patching of this jacket and the jacket itself. The velcro says 80s or 90s and you can see that othere patches have been applied. This to me actually makes the current patching more "authentic" in that some guy who was in found this old original somewhere and put his patches on this instead of some crappy "E" model from his time. Cool.
Jeff
How’s the abstention thing working for you?
Seriously … ??
Finding less stress and more peace and extra time in your life ?
Just asking .

Dumpster D

That's pretty much my reasoning behind not wearing it. There are plenty of other unpatched G1's out there for wearing. No sense removing the patches when that's what sets this one apart from the rest. I'm fine with wearing the occasional patch from an inactive WWII squadron, but wearing a patched USMC jacket like this one in public, is just out of my comfort zone.
Same.

I try on the patched G-1 jacket I have sometimes because it fits me good, it's got an American flag and US Marines on it...It's also got a name, something inside me just says It's not really mine to wear even though it's not mint and it's worn, it's more of a collectors piece and I got other G-1's to wear anytime.

Dany McDonald

Taking a break in the perfect weather, dry and cool, for a ride along the US and Canadian border in my "Old" Real Mccoy Noname Cable 27753. It's one of Mccoy's older rendition, my guess is 10 - 12 years old, I am still searching for a date of manufacture. Pretty much unworn and in almost "new" state. The sleeves are starting to show creases and the liner is super clean all over. The skin is just awesome with full of character and shading. The knits had to be replaced (moths and greenish) and the zipper tape has been colored to a better shade than the grey/off white in came with. Also wearing MASH tan USAAF Officer horsehide gloves, thin and super comfortable, helped by an almost perfect fit.

I have to take more images and post a better thread for show soon...

No_name_27753.jpg

Last edited:

ZuZu

Jeff
How’s the abstention thing working for you?
Seriously … ??
Finding less stress and more peace and extra time in your life ?
Just asking .
Much less stupid stress about stuff which I can do absolutely nothing about. When I really have no contact phone and computer-wise I'm in a happy (for a misanthropic curmudgeon) fantasy bubble. Just a few glances at my email news messages can bring me right down to our stupid reality. The phone and computer by themselves can stress me out because being old I just fumble through- they are evil devices which change themselves or create new problems and I'm a born electronic jinx.

So yes Burt- and thanks for asking- I have much more peace and less stress. And yes- extra time which I use reading or putzing/fixibg the house. I was only going to do it for a month but my wife insists I stay off it all. She likes me better this way. I check in here once in a while...

Last edited:

B-Man2

Much less stupid stress about stuff which I can do absoluteley nothing about. When I really have no contact phone and computer-wise I'm in a happy (for a misanthropic curmudgeon) fantasy bubble. Just a few glances at my email news messages can bring me right down to our stupid reality. The phone and computer by themselves can stress me out because being old I just fumble through- they are evil devices which change themselves or create new problems and I'm a born electronic jinx.

So yes Burt- and thanks for asking- I have much more peace and less stress. And yes- extra time which I use reading or putzing/fixibg the house. I was only going to do it for a month but my wife insists I stay off it all. She likes me better this way. I check in here once in a while...
Jeff
Thanks for taking the time to respond .
Sincerely appreciate it .

Pa12

Taking a break in the perfect weather, dry and cool, for a ride along the US and Canadian border in my "Old" Real Mccoy Noname Cable 27753. It's one of Mccoy's older rendition, my guess is 10 - 12 years old, I am still searching for a date of manufacture. Pretty much unworn and in almost "new" state. The sleeves are starting to show creases and the liner is super clean all over. The skin is just awesome with full of character and shading. The knits had to be replaced (moths and greenish) and the zipper tape has been colored to a better shade than the grey/off white in came with. Also wearing MASH tan USAAF Officer horsehide gloves, thin and super comfortable, helped by an almost perfect fit.

I have to take more images and post an better thread for show soon...

View attachment 152657
Beautiful day for it. Happy Canada Day Danny.

Lorenzo_l

So Florida is a bit cold this time of year and I forgot to bring a jacket... Burt to the rescue :)

View attachment 152755View attachment 152757

Burt was nice to bring my favorite jacket. BTW, if you're ever in Florida, make sure you meet up with Burt. You won't find a nicer and more interesting guy!!
Awesome jacket you have on, @tjoenn. I recognize that as one from Burt's own stable.And I couldn't agree more about Burt. He's the person to meet if you find yourself in Florida.

Last edited: