• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Spitfireace

What country is the Metro brand made for? I see it's Swiss made, but that doesn't mean it's for the Swiss. The Swiss make watches for all kinds of countries. I haven't actually seen a Metro before, but I have a long way to go learning about vintage watches.

Jeronimo Watchmaker

:) malá ukázka.

116435247_399275971049320_3742886335514098444_n.jpg
IMG_0790.JPG
IMG_6553.JPG
IMG_6555.JPG
IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG
IMG_6534.JPG

Jeronimo Watchmaker

What country is the Metro brand made for? I see it's Swiss made, but that doesn't mean it's for the Swiss. The Swiss make watches for all kinds of countries. I haven't actually seen a Metro before, but I have a long way to go learning about vintage watches.
Metro is an old Swiss brand. Like many other watch factories, it disappeared mainly during the quartz crisis of 197x. The Swiss make watches for the whole world. It is a watchmaking powerhouse.

Spitfireace

So you can hand paint on luminescence. I stand corrected. My A-11 watches no longer glow. My watchmaker still makes jokes that having an A-11 watch will give you radiation poisoning, but they obviously stopped emitting a long time ago. I did see a documentary where in the factory women would paint on radium and they would lick the brushes to make them come to a fine point to do detail. They did this so much that their teeth started falling out and they had holes in their bones and their hair fell out etc. Until I guess they died. Sad, but they didn't know at the time.

bseal