• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Seiko 5626.

Spitfireace

s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

Spitfireace

KS originally came out in mid to late sixties. Mine is from 1974, one of the last good years. Not a medallion year. The more desirable had the medallion on the back case. Usually wore out and had to be replaced. The hands are different on the newe
According to the serial number, the watch is from September 1972 :)
Yup, nice, gorgeous watch. Impossibly new looking. Obviously you know what you are doing with watches. I love my gold plated, 7113, but that's from 1974, the most desirable are with the medallion on the back case, like yours, but they wore out a lot. I compromised with mine, I should have got the stainless steel case like yours instead of the plated gold. I will never complain about it though as it runs at a second a day.

Spitfireace

I love it because it's 36mm and most modern watches are too big. 36mm is just a perfect size. I think a lot of people are realizing that in the watch world at this point.

Jeronimo Watchmaker

I love it because it's 36mm and most modern watches are too big. 36mm is just a perfect size. I think a lot of people are realizing that in the watch world at this point.
Yes, I agree. I have a smaller hand and the 36mm size is perfect for a formal watch. For sport 38 to 40 mm. Even watch manufacturers are trying to return to their roots and retreat from the monstrous dimensions of the nineties.

Spitfireace

I have a thin wrist and huge watches just seem to ungainly and uncomfortable. Not to mention too heavy. I don't want to notice I'm wearing a watch. If I do always feel it on my wrist, it's too noticeable. I feel a watch should be unobtrusive, so to speak.

Jeronimo Watchmaker

I think A-11 should be a walk in the park for you. Not complex. Only 16 jewels.
I already found A 11 on Youtube. In terms of disassembly, cleaning, lubrication, assembly and adjustment, it is not a problem. Finding parts would be worse. I regularly service watches from WWII Czechoslovak pilots: Lemania, Longines, Eterna, etc.

Spitfireace

Parts can be found on eBay. You have to know what you are looking for though. I wouldn't . I need a mainspring for a 1942 Waltham A-11. Not sure if it can be found or not. New old stock.