• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPS a story...

Spitfireace

Or returned to the shipper…
Yes! its their terms and conditions…
When you sign and give them an order…you accept all their conditions…
But destroying the goods I believe does not happen too often…people also call.. so..
However, you are right!
I call that extortion of the highest order when they threaten destruction of something valuable like a jacket. I could understand if they destroyed a ten dollar mean nothing thing easily replaceable. Threaten to destroy something that has value.

Spitfireace

I have no problem getting things fast with DHL. MASH Japan is using it and it took three days to get from Osaka to me in Vancouver. Usually I was using Japan Post in the past which takes like three weeks.

Pilot

Shipped a WW2 IRVIN to Canada approx. two weeks ago…
It took them 3 days from Luxemburg to Quebec City.
DHL inssured up to 1500 Euro.
Shipping costs 187 Euro.
Shipped several packages to VLJ members , no complaint received, not for the travel time not for the shipping costs ( exept frome one , but he then did not buy :) ).

John Lever

187 Euros. !!
Is there an equivalent of Transglobal Express in France ? They are an international shipping company that het huge discounts from all the major companies.
The FedEx parcel is sent to Hawai only cost about 75 Euros

Pilot

187 Euros. !!
Is there an equivalent of Transglobal Express in France ? They are an international shipping company that het huge discounts from all the major companies.
The FedEx parcel is sent to Hawai only cost about 75 Euros

Everybody has his preferences… never heard about this Co. Did not see anything about a 1500 Euro full loss insurance, nor do I live in France anymore since approx 2 and 1/2 years.. :)

Pilot

Transglobal just give big discounts on Fedex etc
OK… Thanks.
Tried to make a simulation … could not find the inssurance tab.
So a 4,5 kg parcel shipped from Luxemburg to Quebec City parcel dimension 60x60x40 cm
Value declared 1500 Euro. Full loss inssured.
Just courious…
Maybe I can be convinced… I am trainable :).
Nick paid 137 Euro prior Covid ( with ..in that time Chronoposte ) for his RW B-3 he got from me.

Pilot

One of my employees just succeeded to simulate a shipping discounted from FEDEX
IMG_1257.png
IMG_1258.png
IMG_1259.png
IMG_1259.png
IMG_1260.png

entertainment

My recent experience has been: USPS>UPS>FedEx
USPS was pretty bad during Covid, but lately they tend to deliver earlier than promised.
UPS usually delivers as promised, but often destroys the box in the process.
FedEx almost never delivers on time. I had a package from Japan that went to Alaska, then New Jersey, then California, and then back to New Jersey where it belonged. Most packages even domestically have been two to four days late.

Pilot

What are you shipping gold bullion ?
I have never seen such high prices
I followed your recommendations as you may see and asked this „Transglobal broker“ via FEDEX… for a well packet Irvin jacket in a 60x60x40cm parcel with 4,5kg and inssured for 1500 Euro…( which is the cost increasing factor )… :cool: reading it all may help :cool:
… and yes this ww2 IRVIN is a gold bullion :)
… and yes DHL is lower in costs…

Last edited:

bfd70

Domestic us i’ve found ups to be the best. I think all the shipping services are so big that if you have an issue you’re sol. Impossible to talk to a real person who can solve your problem.