• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Query re. ELC prop jackets in Masters of the Air

matei72

Hi all. I was watching Master of the Air, just curious if the B-3s used for the series were made of a thinner fleece? I do realise that the jackets have been aged for realism, but the fleece looks similar to my ELC B-6.

I just received a new Werber B-3 and the fleece is incredibly thick, about twice as thick as that on my B-6

Also re. the Werber, the collar seems quite large compared to what I’m seeing in the series and on some other wartime B-3s. Granted, I ordered a size up so I could layer underneath but it is still quite a lot of collar.

Is that a characteristic of this particular contract?

CK90

Hi all. I was watching Master of the Air, just curious if the B-3s used for the series were made of a thinner fleece? I do realise that the jackets have been aged for realism, but the fleece looks similar to my ELC B-6.

I just received a new Werber B-3 and the fleece is incredibly thick, about twice as thick as that on my B-6

Also re. the Werber, the collar seems quite large compared to what I’m seeing in the series and on some other wartime B-3s. Granted, I ordered a size up so I could layer underneath but it is still quite a lot of collar.

Is that a characteristic of this particular contract?
I’m sure some others will chime in, Matei but my understanding is Eastman B-3’s have rather larger collars than originals.

It’s not just Eastman - I’ve noticed most repro makers tend to exaggerate the B-3 collar dimensions. Good Wear being an exception.

You should be able to see this contrast if you can find some images of an original Werber.

matei72

Thanks for the info.

My search skills are pretty poor, I did look on the forum but somehow didn’t turn that obvious thread up!

Shanghai-Mayne

It is what happened to those B3
IMG_9409.jpeg