• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice period photos (all jackets except A-2's)

Emchisti

My French great-grandfather, Lucien. He was an aerial observer during the First World War, seconded by the French army to the Serbian army. He is holding a photo of my great-grandmother, whom I knew (but not him, even though he survived the war).
I have his military pilot's logbook with his war missions (aerial photography missions of the front).

rd8x.jpg

9hkk.jpg

9x7e.jpg
That's utterly fantastic.

ZuZu

Rare photo of Heydrich - good riddance to a monster.
I think the days of us here in the West turning our noses up at Nazis should be over. Heydrich was an organizer and desk murderer no different from our leaders today who are supporting and enabling a literal genocide for empire. And we are as bad or worse than that bulk of WW2 Germans who only heard vague rumors or second hand reports of genocide. We watch our genocide docilely on social media or even CNN.
WW2 is turning out to be for nought.

B-Man2

Zu
You have so much to offer this forum in the way of information about jackets, their history, design and the patterns the manufacturers used in the process of making their respective type and brand of jackets, but yet you continue to use this forum as a soapbox to criticize , demean and degrade the country that has given you so much in the way of education, opportunity, and freedom. You frequently call the US a failed nation, our leaders murders, our military leaders pawns of a failed regime. You imply that our government is comparable to the Nazi leadership of WWII …. I’ve seen you post these posts time and time again and ignored them . Of course, this is an opinion forum where all are free to express themselves, so I respect your right to do that, your right to degrade, criticize and demean this great nation that has afforded opportunities and given people of all backgrounds, ethnic groups and races and me in particular so much and permits people like you to speak your mind and say all of the ridiculous crap that you often spout out about the U.S. But in spite of everything you put out condemning this country, the fact is that people from all nations continue to want to come to the US, and continue to apply for citizen ship , continue to risk their lives in some instances, to get to this country and continue to believe that the U.S. offers opportunities that are not available in their respective countries. Which brings me to my basic point. If you know of or have lived in any country in this world that offers more or provides a better way of life, or that you feel is miles above the U.S. politically , opportunity wise, or in caring for its people ….. why are you still here ? If I thought there was a better place for my family than the U.S. I would exhaust every resource I have to give them a better standard of living, better opportunities for education, a better government, an all around better chance at life. I’ll answer that question for you .. your here because while you talk your shit , you know in your heart that you’ve had a better life here in the US than you have in any other country that you’ve lived in, if you didn’t you’d be gone by now.
So continue to enjoy the freedom to express yourself, I won’t engage in a pissing contest with you. Post your response, but this will be it from me.
Regards

Last edited:

Shanghai-Mayne

At certain place on the world , you can’t even speech in public, claim ‘ I am a citizen with nature rights’.

Last hero who did that , he get MIA almost three years now.

Consider that, I have to second Burt.

Micawber

Agree Burt, with the rider that I feel the same way about my own country* and have no desire to leave it.

*Presumably as do those who cross the channel in increasing numbers in rubber dinghies.

<Wince> Now look, as I have broken my self imposed restriction not to comment on politics and current world affairs here I shall sit on the naughty step for a while.

Emchisti

I think the days of us here in the West turning our noses up at Nazis should be over. Heydrich was an organizer and desk murderer no different from our leaders today who are supporting and enabling a literal genocide for empire. And we are as bad or worse than that bulk of WW2 Germans who only heard vague rumors or second hand reports of genocide. We watch our genocide docilely on social media or even CNN.
WW2 is turning out to be for nought.
I'll continue to turn my nose up at Nazis because it's morally the right thing to do. Nobody wins by allowing Nazis off the hook, regardless of what you think of leaders of other countries. Your post is non-sensical. As other have said, reply all you like, I won't be engaging.