• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help and Advice! Zip for M421A

ZuZu

No- not that kind of help! I know what you're thinking!

I have ordered a Bronson M421A- they're back in stock now! I need advice on how to remove the zipper pul and then install a WW2 Talon pull I have. I know some of you guys have done this. Any advice? A How To pictorial?

Anything would be appreciated!

ZuZu

Yeah- hopefully there is a removable stop at the top of the zipper. I had an ATF or WPG M421 a couple of years ago which proved to have an impossible zipper to alter. I ruined it.

mulceber

IIRC, the Bronson version has the inaccurate tighter, smaller stop, but it’s still removable. It might be a little messier, but it won’t be noticeable after you affix a new stop.

mulceber

FWIW, I've found the M-421A is wearable in weather where I could NEVER wear an A-2 or G-1. Anything short of 80 degrees is fine. Are you planning to patch it, or just wear it plain?

coolhandluke

I've found its best to use a cutting plier tool (I use a set of front cutting pliers/ dikes) to cut the folded edge of the factory zipper stop. As long as you cut outside of the edge of the zipper tape, this prevents any damage to the zipper tape, like you'll get if trying to pry the zipper stop open.

I'd also suggest using a set of smooth jaw pliers to set/ crimp the replacement zipper stops. This keeps from marring or damaging the plated finish.

20240412_202646.jpg

20240412_202829.jpg

20240412_203645.jpg

ZuZu

I've found its best to use a cutting plier tool (I use a set of front cutting pliers/ dikes) to cut the folded edge of the factory zipper stop. As long as you cut outside of the edge of the zipper tape, this prevents any damage to the zipper tape, like you'll get if trying to pry the zipper stop open.

I'd also suggest using a set of smooth jaw pliers to set/ crimp the replacement zipper stops. This keeps from marring or damaging the plated finish.

View attachment 154075

View attachment 154077

View attachment 154079
Beautiful- exactly what I needed! Thanks much!

Enigma1938

No- not that kind of help! I know what you're thinking!

I have ordered a Bronson M421A- they're back in stock now! I need advice on how to remove the zipper pul and then install a WW2 Talon pull I have. I know some of you guys have done this. Any advice? A How To pictorial?

Anything would be appreciated!
You have ordered WHAT? A Bronson?? Not a M421 replica from JC for 3 times the price?
Man... a ordinary Bronson.... :eek:

LV426

Hey ! Thanks for the thread !!! I just bought one too ( back in stock ) !!! really good advices !!! I will ask to J Chapman , thanks everybody here.
must say , everybody's got is opinion , BrMFG is the best price / value / customer service on the market place. Got a lot from them , all in double ahahaha ... I just don't want to spend too much money for casual wears repros , or , for just one piece , a 1942 chino from Japan or other stuff US made . reserving my money on leather jackets _ got a roughwear GW on his way to fabric , very excited !!( except for fivestar , just a try and good one ) and shoes / boots. Just my opinion !