• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

coolhandluke

While there is no better rule of thumb than what John indicates himself as a current backlog (on his order page), I would not worry too much. He is apparently very busy. I do have two deposits myself which date back to 05th of January 2023 ... ;)

Well that's not great news, but thanks for the info. JC had told me back in May that he was trying to stick to a one year turnaround time and his website said 12-14 months. Looks like it's going to be nowhere near that if you're at 20 months and counting. I emailed JC a couple weeks back (IIRC), inquiring about my spot in the queue, but didn't receive a reply.

LV426

Well that's not great news, but thanks for the info. JC had told me back in May that he was trying to stick to a one year turnaround time and his website said 12-14 months. Looks like it's going to be nowhere near that if you're at 20 months and counting. I emailed JC a couple weeks back (IIRC), inquiring about my spot in the queue, but didn't receive a reply.
Hello , I'm in the same case . Ordered à RW27752 , long time after you all !!! June 24 . Some responses , but erratic . The price of glory .

Kermit3D

I made a down payment in January 2023. Last I heard (mid-July) it seems to be imminent!
Of course I'm impatient, of course it's sometimes a bit frustrating...

John manages everything on his own, and maintains an exceptional level of quality and attention to detail. He's able to respond to some very specific requests, and every jacket is fully customized. Every detail is the subject of passionate discussion... This is a far cry from mass production (ELC, BK, ...). It's pure, high-quality craftsmanship.

Despite this, prices don't go up, and remain descent (given the quality).

Naturally, this has repercussions on waiting times. It's unavoidable.

1520151720116.jpeg

Kermit3D

And you know what's the funniest (and scariest) part ?
When you've received your beloved jacket, after a year or two of waiting, well, you feel a void... you're no longer in the excitement of the wait... you no longer have that great jacket project to imagine, choose the leather, choose the contract, choose the color of the thread...
... all you have to do is drop $200 to get your fix!

I know I'm not alone in this ;)

CK90

And you know what's the funniest (and scariest) part ?
When you've received your beloved jacket, after a year or two of waiting, well, you feel a void... you're no longer in the excitement of the wait... you no longer have that great jacket project to imagine, choose the leather, choose the contract, choose the color of the thread...
... all you have to do is drop $200 to get your fix!

I know I'm not alone in this

All great points Kermit, all of which I fully agree with!

I have one question - what jacket is the master going to make for you next? It’s going to be tough to top that beautiful Arnoff!