• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

coolhandluke

If you’re getting a horween bronco from John, this is what it looks like ;)View attachment 152661

I'm fairly certain that I'm going to go with seal, but haven't made up my mind on the knit color. Mid-brown or seal like on the Horween Bronco below? I typically like contrasting knits, but this jacket just looks perfect in every way. Fingers crossed that I have just a couple more months of waiting.

front_view3-6.jpg

reverse_view2-3.jpg

side_view-2.jpg

Abyss

It's going to be a while, but I have two spots on the wait list.

As of now, the first will be a Bronco in seal goat hide. And the second will likely be a Star in russet horse hide.

I have plenty of time to sort out the specific details, but I am partial to pigmented finishes on A2s. Does Horween come in pigmented finishes?

CK90

Hey gents, hope everyone’s keeping well.

I had no intention of any more leather jackets this year. I have orders in with JC and am waiting patiently with excitement, like many of you I’m sure.

However, in an unforeseen turn of events, JC had this test jacket available.

A contract I had/have firmly on my list, this G&F ANJ-3-A is made using a slightly lighter, chrome tanned Goatskin from the Sunderland tannery in New York.

I’m usually all about that dark, charcoal tone seal brown when it comes to navy jackets but I thought this was special to add some depth to the navy department of my collection (in its very early stages). This light seal borderline dark russett really pops.

Just look at that original comparison!

Take care, stay healthy, stay safe.
CK

B8258699-8629-4917-BC4E-ACBEFE2C979F.jpeg

6854FDD3-C7E5-432F-BFD5-A17B7E889705.jpeg

8BAC86C2-D5AC-4BB8-B94B-BAFF6E886A38.jpeg

71B02574-EDC4-48F9-988E-9E64C897307B.jpeg

Jennison

Jeez, I never looked at this thread until now. A couple of weeks ago, I put an order in for an Aero 1711-P. As far as leather choices, color choices, etc, I just asked John to make the jacket as close to an original example as possible. The fictitious label name doesn’t bother me.

B-Man2

Hey gents, hope everyone’s keeping well.

I had no intention of any more leather jackets this year. I have orders in with JC and am waiting patiently with excitement, like many of you I’m sure.

However, in an unforeseen turn of events, JC had this test jacket available.

A contract I had/have firmly on my list, this G&F ANJ-3-A is made using a slightly lighter, chrome tanned Goatskin from the Sunderland tannery in New York.

I’m usually all about that dark, charcoal tone seal brown when it comes to navy jackets but I thought this was special to add some depth to the navy department of my collection (in its very early stages). This light seal borderline dark russett really pops.

Just look at that original comparison!

Take care, stay healthy, stay safe.
CK

View attachment 155885

View attachment 155887

View attachment 155889

View attachment 155891
That’s a gorgeous repro of a rare contract .
Congrats !

Last edited:

Mr. Mike

Anyone receive an order from GW lately? If so, when did you place your deposit?

Just trying to figure out how much longer it may be until it's my turn in the queue. My deposit was placed on 9/14/23.
While there is no better rule of thumb than what John indicates himself as a current backlog (on his order page), I would not worry too much. He is apparently very busy. I do have two deposits myself which date back to 05th of January 2023 ... ;)