• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

Lorenzo_l

Gents,

I just thought I’d at least share a small snap of this beautiful work of art JC made.

Hopefully it captures some of the magic of this jacket. Collar is just out of this world and this is in brand new state without any wear beyond JC wearing it for a photoshoot.

I’m on 2 crutches and can barely walk 10 steps, so this is the best I can do for now. God willing I get some strength back over the coming months, photos will be much better.

CK

View attachment 151935

View attachment 151937

Hang in there, Chris. I had a car accident (was hit by a car), broken leg, two operations and on crutches for months. With patience, lots of physiotherapy (this is key) and perseverance, I am back to running the way I used to before the accident. As Grant said, you've got this.

CK90

I spent 5 months on two crutches. Got to be pretty good on them. Could out race my 3 year old … after a while they just become part of you and another goal and contest to win. The trick is to stay positive and to look past them to the day when you can throw them in the trash and move up to a cane. Then start the process all over again until the cane goes away. You look like you’re in pretty good shape so I know that this is hard to accept but hang in there , you can do this !
Ahh B-Man, that’s epic and I can already tell you’re a warrior, making it through that storm, bravo - now looking stronger than ever from the pictures I see of you!

It’s going to be a long road for me man, rest of year on crutches if I’m lucky and next year down to one, then a cane, just through the motions as you say. Really means alot man thank you.

CK90

Nice looking A-2, CK!
That reference photo Howard Wooten is priceless.
Take it one day at a time on your recovery and healing - you've got this!
FWIW, after bilateral knee replacement, I remember getting up on crutches, walking around my bed once before collapsing back in bed exhausted - now it's a distant memory.
Thanks very much Grant!

Great photo isn’t it, must be amongst the best period pics involving a 18091!

Ahh, you’ve been through a storm of your own and made it through, more power to you dude!

Really do appreciate it and the positive energy, thank you.

CK90

Hang in there, Chris. I had a car accident (was hit by a car), broken leg, two operations and on crutches for months. With patience, lots of physiotherapy (this is key) and perseverance, I am back to running the way I used to before the accident. As Grant said, you've got this.
Thanks Lorenzo. Ahh man, you’ve been through a battle of your very own. However you’ve come out the other side swinging! I love to hear that, thank you very much for the positive energy sir, really appreciate it.

B-Man2

Ahh B-Man, that’s epic and I can already tell you’re a warrior, making it through that storm, bravo - now looking stronger than ever from the pictures I see of you!

It’s going to be a long road for me man, rest of year on crutches if I’m lucky and next year down to one, then a cane, just through the motions as you say. Really means alot man thank you.
When you’ve lived your life working out, trying to eat right and trying to maintain an intense fitness regime and being very active …. and then sustain a traumatic injury that ends most of that … it’s physiologically crippling. And I have a feeling that you’re a warrior as well and have lived a warriors life style . A way to deal with all that is to focus on other body parts that are not injured like upper body workouts that develop upper body strength and mass and have some cardio benefits as well. Most importantly don’t skip physical therapy sessions, include them as part of your overall physical and psychological development program. I won’t get into specifics but in my case it was a gun shot wound and I was told that I’d never walk again without some kind of brace or support. ….. my response was probably the same that yours would be … No fucking way!!

Last edited:

Pa12

When you’ve lived your life working out, trying to eat right and trying to maintain an intense fitness regime and being very active …. and then sustain a traumatic injury that ends most of that … it’s physiologically crippling. And I have a feeling that you’re a warrior as well and have lived a warriors life style . A way to deal with all that is to focus on other body parts that are not injured like upper body workouts that develop upper body strength and mass and have some cardio benefits as well. Most importantly don’t skip physical therapy sessions, include them as part of your overall physical and psychological development program. I won’t get into specifics but in my case it was a gun shot wound and I was told that I’d never walk again without some kind of brace or support. ….. my response was probably the same that yours would be … No fucking way!!
Shit Burt. Gun shot. That’s hardcore man.

CK90

Thanks B-man, exquisite words as ever and really appreciate you sharing that personal battle.

Ahh man, this is it, you’re so used to that lifestyle, in fact overdoing it at times and then bam, something just takes you out. The details are lengthy but mines been a long time coming, lots of traumas over a long period of time, created a nasty musculoskeletal issue for me. Went in for surgery earlier in the year and as yet worse for it, neurological issues waist down, which has cut physio. Go back for scans etc. next month but long-story short my only way through this storm is long-term 2-3 year physio and lots of pain. It involves my hips and pelvis and the area takes a long, long time to heal. I have a family of angels though helping me right now, couldn’t be without them. I thank God for them everyday.

I could hit 100m sub 11 seconds not that long ago, now I struggle to walk 7 steps. I’ll never, nor would ever want to be back after all this, to the level of activity I was before my injuries. However, if I can return to walking (hiking) with the dog until my hearts content, and swim open water as much as I want, I’ll hit the grave a happy man one day.

Getting a little personal there but that’s what it is and what makes this forum special beyond the material, I can tell people care. Can’t thank you enough again for all the support brother. Said it before I’ll say it again, this place has been keeping me going through some very dark months this year and I appreciate you all.

Back to Good Wear!

Last edited:

Cimmerian

Thanks B-man, exquisite words as ever and really appreciate you sharing that personal battle.

Ahh man, this is it, you’re so used to that lifestyle, in fact overdoing it at times and then bam, something just takes you out. The details are lengthy but mines been a long time coming, lots of traumas over a long period of time, created a nasty musculoskeletal issue for me. Went in for surgery earlier in the year and as yet worse for it, neurological issues waist down, which has cut physio. Go back for scans etc. next month but long-story short my only way through this storm is long-term 2-3 year physio and lots of pain. It involves my hips and pelvis and the area takes a long, long time to heal. I have a family of angels though helping me right now, couldn’t be without them. I thank God for them everyday.

I could hit 100m sub 11 seconds not that long ago, now I struggle to walk 7 steps. I’ll never, nor would ever want to be back after all this, to the level of activity I was before my injuries. However, if I can return to walking (hiking) with the dog until my hearts content, and swim open water as much as I want, I’ll hit the grave a happy man one day.

Getting a little personal there but that’s what it is and what makes this forum special beyond the material, I can tell people care. Can’t thank you enough again for all the support brother. Said it before I’ll say it again, this place has been keeping me going through some very dark months this year and I appreciate you all.

Back to Good Wear!
Thanks for sharing @CK90 and good luck with recovery. Going through my own protracted medical battles right and probably facing further serious surgery so I get it. Keep finding the things to be grateful for is what has worked for me so far. Wishing you the best

CK90

Thanks for sharing @CK90 and good luck with recovery. Going through my own protracted medical battles right and probably facing further serious surgery so I get it. Keep finding the things to be grateful for is what has worked for me so far. Wishing you the best
Thanks very much Cimmerian, really appreciate that.

I hear you, life just throws these things at you, just have to keep going and try and stay as strong as possible.

Wishing you all the best with your journey and recovery man, might take time but you’ll get there.

In the meantime, plenty to enjoy here in great company with great jackets.

bseal

IMG_4293.jpeg
IMG_0442.jpeg
IMG_4294.jpeg
IMG_4295.jpeg
IMG_0443.jpeg

Last edited: