• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M422A

Paolo Bellini

Hi everybody from a sunny Sweden,

new to the forum after lurking for a long time. Not a hardcore collector and very happy with my ELC RW 1401P, G1 plus Irvin.

my reason for entering the club is that I found and M422A that has some interesting features. First of all it’s a large size, I guess 46 or even 48. The leather is well aged, no damage. Alas is the red lining damaged beyond a quick fix. Furthermore I suspect that the cuffs and waistband must have been replaced, by the look it’s more a G1 (or simile) weave. Zipper is a Talon, perhaps also replaced because I estimate that it’s a ‘50’s clip. The label is gone and it’s not named besides a marking in the inner pocket reading:LRM Korea. No evidence of a previous nametag on the left chest, also no evidence of a patch.

my guess is that it is a G&F because the left pocket is wider.

I’m not sure if I want to restore the lining because the jacket is too big for me.

if someone has a serious interest let me know (assuming that I’m not contravening forum rules, if so my deepest apology)

IMG_6005.jpeg
IMG_6006.jpeg
IMG_6007.jpeg
IMG_6009.jpeg
IMG_6012.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Great looking jacket but it will need some restorative work . How much ? No one can tell from just looking at photographs. This is definitely a case where a prospective buyer would need to have the jacket in his hands to be able to determine the extent of what needs to be done .
The forum has some rules regarding new members posting things for sale. You’ll have to familiarize yourself with them, but if someone here wants the jacket and contacts you then that seems to be acceptable .
BTW … Welcome to VLJ !!

Paolo Bellini

Great looking jacket but it will need some restorative work . How much ? No one can tell from just looking at photographs. This is definitely a case where a prospective buyer would need to have the jacket in his hands to be able to determine the extent of what needs to be done .
The forum has some rules regarding new members posting things for sale. You’ll have to familiarize yourself with them, but if someone here wants the jacket and contacts you then that seems to be acceptable .
BTW … Welcome to VLJ !!
Thanks, I know it’s always a bit suspicious. Noticed the buy/sell section just now, sorry. On the other hand, I’m curious about the jacket and was planning to take this one to Tokyo in two months (vintage heaven)

Paolo Bellini

measures? want to sell?
shoulder width: 53 cm (21”) measured at the back
back length 62 cm (25”)
chest 63 cm (25”), measured at the front from the bottom of the gusset attachments)
arm length 66 cm (26”)

I’ll have the lining replaced and take it with me on my upcoming trip to Japan. If somebody there jumps at it, I may consider selling it or swapping it. Just now I fell in love with the jacket. Thank you for the interest