• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G1 Edwards 7823C - does this seem reasonable?

Ritchy

For example I bought this Ralph Edwards MIL-J-7823C size 38 on Ebay three month ago for 100 €
PXL_20240725_162638302.jpg

Erwin

This RES has a bit too high price tag, not bad but still too pricey in my opinion.

40 with fab ginger für in almost mint condition can be easily find online a bit cheaper ;)

Brettafett

Good deals can still be found, sure, but its not as easy as you think.

Depends what you're after.

If you are patient, keep an eye out, you can find good 'deals', but most of the lower-end price points will either be white label E series, beaten or will have issues.
Replacing knits, missing buttons, replaced parts, mouton, cuts or issues with the leather... Cleaning.
There are a number of things you may only discover once the jackets in hand also.

Ebay is still the best source I've found.
Ask on the forum, sometimes guys have jackets to sell, but dont expect anyone to 'give' them away.
Chaps on the forum know the value of things. But you will know what you are getting.

This jacket is overpriced imo, mainly due to the stitch hols from a removed name plate & patches.
Knots have holes, nt a biggie, but add another $200 to replace properly with the correct knit.
Also, cleaning...

I have a couple of original G-1s in perfect to mint condition. Pm if interested.