• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 jacket collar size question - Which contracts had smaller collar profiles?

Abyss

Hi all - I was wondering which G-1 contracts tended to have smaller collars. I read that some of the Foster contracts did. Is this correct? Were there any others?

I appreciate any information you can share!

CK90

Hey Abyss,

I’m far from an intermediate navy jacket expert but I do love them. I have a GW Star 55J14 so far, which has a relatively small collar profile, particularly when compared to the larger collars of the early M-422’s.

I have noticed the navy’s collars seemed to get progressively smaller over the years, so perhaps keep your eye on the later war contracts.

One thing that’s helping myself to learn the cool details of Intermediate Navy jackets through the years is the ‘Better fighting garment’ piece kindly shared by @mulceber and @Lord Flashheart:

https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/“a-better-fighting-garment…”-2-0-a-revised-guide-to-the-u-s-navys-intermediate-leather-flight-jackets.30031/

It’s great, comprehensive, I’m taking my time through it and already figuring out my favourite contracts.

Last edited:

Abyss

Thanks, CK90! Mulciber's and Lord Flashheart's Navy Jacket post has been a great resource for me and much appreciated.