• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five star D-1 opinion needed

Wedge417

Hey everyone,

Winter is coming and my trigger finger is itchy again, I'd like to get a new jacket for this winter but don't want to break the bank. What is your opinion with FS D-1 - house brew or repro Weber? the price is not "cheap" but not over the rood either. Do you think the jacket is worth it price ; quality wise? Thos of you who own one I'd appreciate some pictures and some advice on the sizing,

I've had good a experience with FS in the past over a lovely M421 jacket I bought last year which naturally inclines me to buy from them again, but if you have other maker recommendations in the same price range I'm all ear.

Thanks

Cocker

Hey everyone,

Winter is coming and my trigger finger is itchy again, I'd like to get a new jacket for this winter but don't want to break the bank. What is your opinion with FS D-1 - house brew or repro Weber? the price is not "cheap" but not over the rood either. Do you think the jacket is worth it price ; quality wise? Thos of you who own one I'd appreciate some pictures and some advice on the sizing,

I've had good a experience with FS in the past over a lovely M421 jacket I bought last year which naturally inclines me to buy from them again, but if you have other maker recommendations in the same price range I'm all ear.

Thanks

My "house brew" 5 Star D-1 has been my go to winter jacket since I received it 3.5 years ago. I ordered it with thicker fur (same as the B-3), so it's not a "real" D-1 per se, but apart from that, it's a truly amazing jacket for the price point.

1727706418023.jpeg

Wedge417

It looks really nice! Which one did you go for? 5* has several models now. And what size?
I think I will stick to the thinner mouton as I want something more practical than a B-3

Otter

We bought my daughter one as her Christmas present a few years ago, one of the early ones. Nice jacket, she has been very happy with it.