• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cagleco 7823-G1 Sz 46 resto project on Ebay

Pilot

I think so - don't wanna just "patch it up" but do a complete resto
I have enough original liner ( and no its not rayon its more natural not synthetic) for the whole jacket…
Costs for original material are higher of course if compared to the after market items :)…but if well done the buyer has a golden nugget..
Edit… and this will make a restauring difference for the „ passionate eyes“ the liner and the knittings must display the same „ aging / vintage appearance „ than the rest of the jacket… and this is the moment of truth for a lot of retrofittings…and no… by experience … retrofitting never ages the same way as originals … if the wrong items/parts are installed…many hangar queens to be spotted on Crapbay..

Last edited:

Dumpster D

How bad is the liner in this Jacket? Is it at a point where it's falling apart when worn?

I Truly and sincerely believe in following the rule I learned from the Guitar Tech who worked on Angus Young's original 1964 Gibson SG guitar:

'Don't change anything unless it's absolutely necessary'