• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI LTHR BRONCO A-2 Jacket Review & Pics

Smithy

Ah that makes sense! Thanks for the information.
I hold no grudges for the delay between the order and the delivery (plus, it was less than the aforementioned 2 weeks of wait), but it'd be nice to have more transparency on their website. Now I'm not so sure if it was written "IN STOCK" but since it wasn't written "out of stock", or anything I probably assumed it was in stock.
But yeah, the main issue for me now is the underwhelming leather and its color, and (now) their sporadic messaging. I hope they'll answer my refund request within the next 14 days. (I am ordering some jackets from Crush on Retro, a Chinese retailer, and the communication is fantastic!)

See if you can find a 1st generation one from 2017/2018. They are nice. I have one and love it, and would never sell it.

https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/avi-lthr-bronco-29191-a-2.21169/

Greg Gale

Here are some pictures. The AVI Leather jacket is somewhat photogenic, I have to say, but less saturated IRL. It falls between chocolate and russet, but not in the best way IMHO. It's a matter of taste, I admit it. I also attached a picture of another jacket that's louder for sure, but with more character, for comparison.
While I am not an expert, I do own several jackets in horsehide and while they do have different thickness, they all have something stiffer in their texture. Not calling AVI Leather liars or anything of that sort, but this thin super supple not so shiny -in real life- leather really doesn't impress me. My wife said it looks like cheap handbags leather -can't argue with that, I am not an expert-. All that said, the fit and the cut are really nice!
AVI Leather also forgot an item I bought along with this jacket, and while they responded 6 hours after my message concerning the matter, they still didn't address any reason nor solution to this issue. I also want to add that while the jacket was marked as "in stock" I received a message stating it would take 2 weeks until the jacket would ship. I'm patient and understanding so I'm ok with the wait as long as I am informed and I don't wanna judge them from a first experience, but yeah, I'm not really happy with the journey so far.

Just wear it, I'm sure it will develop a nice character