• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustments to an e-series G-1

masterwithana

Hi all!

I recently got hold of a mid-70's G-1. You know - dynal collar, embossed cowhide. In other words not exactly a collectors item, but it is in near mint condition and still a really cool jacket.
So, while I'm not exactly rail thin it is a bit roomier than I expected. I think I'm to make some adjustments to it and wondered if anyone here knows if it's viable to take in the sleeves and torso, considering the bi-swing and gussets. Wouldn't want to ruin the look of it.

Also the thing creaks like nothing I've owned before. I have all the conditioners and grease you could ever want, but is there even a point in using them on that plasticky finish? Would appreciate any input.

Have a good one

Pilot

Thanks for asking.
An “E “ series G-1 unless a very rare size ( over 46” or has a sentimental value to you.. only…) can be obtained for a song… several testimonials here about this fact.
Retrofitting or modifying or whatever work to be done on yours… might be a total overkill.. based on the buy of a minty new one in your desired quality and size…unless your seamstress works for a song as well.
Others may chime in..
Thankyou.

masterwithana

Thanks for asking.
An “E “ series G-1 unless a very rare size ( over 46” or has a sentimental value to you.. only…) can be obtained for a song… several testimonials here about this fact.
Retrofitting or modifying or whatever work to be done on yours… might be a total overkill.. based on the buy of a minty new one in your desired quality and size…unless your seamstress works for a song as well.
Others may chime in..
Thankyou.
Thank you for answering. All very valid points. Yes, the jacket was about $80. It's a 46" and I can't size down on account of being tall and having chimp arms. Leaving it as is would not be end of the world as it has the correct measurements, but because it was so cheap and the e-series so plentiful I would not feel too bad frankensteining it either. Tailoring would not be expensive, if possible. Again, thanks for the help. I have some further mulling to do