• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustments to an e-series G-1

masterwithana

Hi all!

I recently got hold of a mid-70's G-1. You know - dynal collar, embossed cowhide. In other words not exactly a collectors item, but it is in near mint condition and still a really cool jacket.
So, while I'm not exactly rail thin it is a bit roomier than I expected. I think I'm to make some adjustments to it and wondered if anyone here knows if it's viable to take in the sleeves and torso, considering the bi-swing and gussets. Wouldn't want to ruin the look of it.

Also the thing creaks like nothing I've owned before. I have all the conditioners and grease you could ever want, but is there even a point in using them on that plasticky finish? Would appreciate any input.

Have a good one

Pilot

Thanks for asking.
An “E “ series G-1 unless a very rare size ( over 46” or has a sentimental value to you.. only…) can be obtained for a song… several testimonials here about this fact.
Retrofitting or modifying or whatever work to be done on yours… might be a total overkill.. based on the buy of a minty new one in your desired quality and size…unless your seamstress works for a song as well.
Others may chime in..
Thankyou.