• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

522nd Fighter Bomber Squadron Patch?

bellumbill

Hello all! Does anyone have a good photo of an original WWII 522nd Fighter Bomber Squadron patch? I have one but it is pretty blurry. Thank you!

Best,
Bill K.

B-Man2

is this it ?
IMG_3620.jpeg

bellumbill

Neither actually - the patch looks like this - sadly this is the clearest photo I have, I was hoping that someone might have something more clear or even an original. Thanks! Bill K.

522nd Fighter Bomber Squadron.jpg

bellumbill

Yes - check this link, scroll down about halfway they show a 522nd pilot and a close up shot of his A2 with this patch. My guess is this is an earlier possibly "un-authorized" patch? But not sure, but it was worn by this squadron that was awarded FIVE DUCS in WWII !! Best, Bill

B-Man2

Yes - check this link, scroll down about halfway they show a 522nd pilot and a close up shot of his A2 with this patch. My guess is this is an earlier possibly "un-authorized" patch? But not sure, but it was worn by this squadron that was awarded FIVE DUCS in WWII !! Best, Bill

I see that . You’re probably spot on regarding the “ unauthorized “. May have been one of the groups in the 522, that had it made in country .