• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5 star b-10

Alliance507

There seems to be a decent amount of interest lately on here in the B-10 Fivestar offers, and it seems like a good opportunity for Fivestar to make some simple upgrades here, which would alleviate a lot of the questions, and possibly boost sales further. @Shawn Ali

A few suggestions:
--Replace the photos. The pics on the website present colors that appear way off, particularly the Olive drab B-10. On the photos note, include photos of the darker mouton collar used, which is a popular option.
--The sizing chart appears skewed, with many on VLJ ordering some version of Small or extra small, which is bizarre.
--The 'Olive Green blend' knits (while they look fine with the olive cloth offered) are too dark to be historically accurate in color. And one would think sourcing a lighter shade Olive knit, either blend or 100% wool, would be possible.

Not trying to hammer Fivestar here, just throwing out some friendly suggestions which can help everyone.

Pa12

There seems to be a decent amount of interest lately on here in the B-10 Fivestar offers, and it seems like a good opportunity for Fivestar to make some simple upgrades here, which would alleviate a lot of the questions, and possibly boost sales further. @Shawn Ali

A few suggestions:
--Replace the photos. The pics on the website present colors that appear way off, particularly the Olive drab B-10. On the photos note, include photos of the darker mouton collar used, which is a popular option.
--The sizing chart appears skewed, with many on VLJ ordering some version of Small or extra small, which is bizarre.
--The 'Olive Green blend' knits (while they look fine with the olive cloth offered) are too dark to be historically accurate in color. And one would think sourcing a lighter shade Olive knit, either blend or 100% wool, would be possible.

Not trying to hammer Fivestar here, just throwing out some friendly suggestions which can help everyone.
Yeah the sizing is a bit bizarre compared to others, but it’s actually almost bang on your actual chest size. I believe mine is the smallest (42). I’m 5’10”, 165 lbs, 41.5 chest. So they make some pretty darn big sizes as you go up the chart

Pa12

A few suggestions:

I’m sure the colour changes with each camera used, but here is mine next to my Bronson. It is green, but with a bit of tan.
IMG_6811.jpeg

Flightengineer

I’m sure the colour changes with each camera used, but here is mine next to my Bronson. It is green, but with a bit of tan. View attachment 163059
I'm interested in your impressions in comparison with Bronson. Weight, lining thickness, armhole height? I hardly wear my Bronson B-10 cause it's too warm and heavy for the weather when I can wear such jackets, and then the weather comes when it's already cold in it (or rather, what's below the back freezes :) ). We have a similar climate and I'm interested in your comparison.

Pa12

I'm interested in your impressions in comparison with Bronson. Weight, lining thickness, armhole height? I hardly wear my Bronson B-10 cause it's too warm and heavy for the weather when I can wear such jackets, and then the weather comes when it's already cold in it (or rather, what's below the back freezes :) ). We have a similar climate and I'm interested in your comparison.
Unfortunately it’s been too warm here Dimitri. 25 yesterday. I put it on for a quick fit pick and haven’t tried it since. It does feel a bit trimmer then my Bronson but I’m not sure if that’s the cut or the lining. I think it will be pretty much the same as the Bronson for warmth. I’m in the same boat. Probably won’t get a lot of wear, which is why I didn’t want to put big money out. Once I’m done with the a-2 it’s pretty much straight into parka season.

Flightengineer

Unfortunately it’s been too warm here Dimitri. 25 yesterday. I put it on for a quick fit pick and haven’t tried it since. It does feel a bit trimmer then my Bronson but I’m not sure if that’s the cut or the lining. I think it will be pretty much the same as the Bronson for warmth. I’m in the same boat. Probably won’t get a lot of wear, which is why I didn’t want to put big money out. Once I’m done with the a-2 it’s pretty much straight into parka season.
Many thanks! You saved me from wasting money. One B-10 is enough for me