• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who offers the casts of Red Tails repro flight jackets?

Lee-AVG

sombody said it's THE FEW, other people think it's Goodwear Leather of John, i just wanna know who is right? Thanks!
PS: A-2, B-10, Pinks officers pants, Officer Tunic, Crusher Cap.....etc can been seen in this movie!

regards
Lee

CBI

me - patches
roberto - patches and jacket art
Good Wear - A-2's (all of the main characters wearing A-2's wear GW)
Real McCoys - a few background A-2's
cloth flight jackets - Buzz??????
crusher caps - diamond dave
flight suits, boots, pinks, etc. - not sure but I think they were all custom made

DiamondDave

Cloth Flight jackets were actually by Gary at Eastman... from what I understand.
Apparently also a couple of shearling jackets were by Gary as well and will
be seen in the background.

Background A-2 also provided by The Few

Flight suits privately made in Prague, with some accurate parts provided by JC

Most Uniforms also made "in house". I helped her source the fabric for same.

Most of the main characters will appear in versions of my own caps, some were also
made by the prop/wardrobe department.

Parachutes, helmets and oxygen equipment were mostly originals, as I hooked her up with a collector
that was looking to get rid of a lot of his collection.

Cheers,

DD

Lee-AVG

thanks Dave, CBI :D
But i'm wondering why didn't Goodwear Leather provide any A-2 Jackets in this Movie? I always think that Goodwear is better than any japanese brands for the repro A-2 flight jackets!

regards
Lee

CBI

Read again - they DID supply the main (almost all) of the A-2's for the movie :shock:

A

Anonymous

So you mean to say that they paid more for the background A-2s than what they paid for the main characters A-2 ? (who does that?)

I understand the background jackets are more in number, and if you calculate customs duties and import taxes, it really seems uneconomical.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
There's always some sort of deal, or arrangement ... it's not retail shopping.

bombs away

DiamondDave said:
Parachutes, helmets and oxygen equipment were mostly originals, as I hooked her up with a collector
that was looking to get rid of a lot of his collection.

:shock:

What will all this original stuff become after the making of the movie ?
I hope it won't be stocked in box and forgotten for years (or worse :evil: ) when so many collectors (like me) are trying to find nice stuff all around the world !

Tim.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bombs away said:
I hope it won't be stocked in box and forgotten for years (or worse :evil: ) when so many collectors (like me) are trying to find nice stuff all around the world !

Usually it's returned if there's an arrangement, or it's resold. I don't think it's in danger of being forgotten.

A

Anonymous

Yeah who says they paid. Good point

So JC could be working for free?

I need one free jacket over here... he he

capt71

bombs away said:
Tim.
Many times the Principal actors (ie-The Stars) make arrangements to keep items of equipment or clothing for themselves after the project is finished. Not so with the extras (or, as they are called in the business: "background"). Anything issued to them for scenes is required to be returned to the costume department at the end of the scene or end of the day. Sometimes the production will sell off items after the film is finished, or they may just keep the items for future use in other projects. You might try contacting the production co. directly and ask about purchasing a jacket when they are finished shooting. Maybe some of the members here who were directly involved with making/providing items for the film may have some contacts there. Just a thought.
Bill

A

Anonymous

Yes please ask, thanks

Anyone can ask the production also? Or is it too early?

CBI

live filming completed. I think its all post and extensive CGI now. Release this summer..........