• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Vintage" Sneakers

Jake431

I thought this thread should exist again (and it's painless since I have all my old pics - thanks Photobucket!).

Converse:
IMG_1154.jpg

Green GI Chucks:
IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

Red Chucks:
IMG_1158.jpg

PF Flyers and Pro-Keds:
IMG_1163.jpg

I also have a pair of the new Purcells. I have to be honest, for looking exactly like they used to, they are hands down the most comfortable "vintage" sneaker out there, it's not even close. For me anyway.

Post your sneakers here everyone!

-Jake

Cobblers161

Hmmmm.....some nice shoes.... Been looking for original style PF's over here but no luck.

Been wearing these Spring Court G1's which is a copy of a 1936 shoes except for the stoopid logo on the heel...........

[url
_SWH8654.jpg
][/url]

[url
_SWH8653.jpg
][/url]

Cobblers161

They are made in France or at least they're a French brand so getting hold of them was tricky, I'm in the UK and tracked some down to oipolloi.com and from what I can gather they're becoming popular in Japan, a few places stock them via rakuten.co.jp . As for the US I'm not so sure....

Burnsie

Jake431 said:
PF Flyers and Pro-Keds:
IMG_1163.jpg

I also have a pair of the new Purcells. I have to be honest, for looking exactly like they used to, they are hands down the most comfortable "vintage" sneaker out there, it's not even close. For me anyway.

-Jake

I got these exact center hi's (blue) off Zappo's last month - most comfortable sneakers I ever had. Anyone got the 1956 Bob Cousy PF's? I had posted about them on the Hat Lounge and no one actually had a pair.

JPH712

Jake431 said:

-Jake

I have been wearing a pair of new Purcells for 2 years, and yes sir they are VERY comfortable, particularly in comparison to Chucks.

JPH712

kevlarg

Jake431 said:

-Jake

I have been buying Purcells for years now and the current crop of "fashion house" versions, i.e. John Varvatos and J.Crew are leaps and bounds more comfortable than the ones I used to buy as a kid. They actually have arch-support now.

Jake431

The only amendment I'd make to my statement about new Purcells is that PF Flyers are also supremely comfortable. Both are more comfortable to me than chucks.

-Jake

Happy Hooligan

I have the PF vintage ones and yes, very comfortable compared to chucks...

I also have a pair Adidas did a few years ago that are pretty comfortable..

JPH712

Any comments on the comfort of the ProKeds? And further where can you purchase the ProKeds if they are comfortable?

JPH712

JPH712

Jake431 said:
I did not find the Prokeds to be comfortable. Certainly not much different from regular Chucks.

-Jake

Well, then I shan't be pursuing a source any longer. Thanks.

Cobblers161

The Spring Courts are like walking on sponge, nicely padded and decent support, my Vans and Chucks are consigned to the loft.

Jake431

I actually just ordered a pair of the center-lo canvas Pf Flyers. I felt the need for a black canvas shoe and they are too comfortable to pass up.

-Jake