• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Vintage" Sneakers

Jake431

Yeah those look good, quite a bit like the 1946 re-issue Chucks that Converse made a few years back. Let me (let us) know how they fit.

Thanks,
-Jake

MikeyB-17

Nabbed a pair today-first impressions are pretty good-rather obtrusive rubbery labels, but otherwise a nice vintage look with some nice touches-leather and suede trim, and well constructed-certainly better than Chucks anyway!

Cobblers161

I wondered if ayone can id these Adidas at all? I picked them up in Miami in a props store about 11 years go and have no info at all except I have seen a picture of Allen Ginsberg wearing a pair in 1968.

MyAdidas.jpg

I've done a fair bit of searching and found nowt. I'm about to bung them on ebay and have a feeling they are either incredibly rare and worth a few quid or, as is more likely the case, common as muck and not worth a penny...

Cheers!

Chandler

Hey Jake, Marvin wants his shoes back or he's going to bring the elunium pu36 explosive space modulator to bear! ;)

Chandler

Jake431

Neah, what's up, doc? Marvin can have 'em! They don't make the Buzz Rickson shoes in my size - the biggest they fit is a 10 or maybe (opinions differ) 10.5.

-Jake

JPH712

MikeyB-17 said:
Nabbed a pair today-first impressions are pretty good-rather obtrusive rubbery labels, but otherwise a nice vintage look with some nice touches-leather and suede trim, and well constructed-certainly better than Chucks anyway!

Do they have a pretty good footbed/arch support to them? That's whats lacking in Chucks, just wondering about these.

JPH712

MikeyB-17

To be honest, until you asked I hadn't really paid a lot of attention. Upon comparison, the Superdrys do seem to have more arch support than the Chucks, which have none at all. There isn't a big support there, as in, say, a pair of training shoes, but it's there. I certainly have no complaints with the comfort-I've been wearing tham quite a lot lately.

A

Anonymous

I assume these are not made anymore??

Conversemilitary.jpg

IF they are I would love to know where to purchase a pair. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bill K.

Jake431

I got those at Zappos quite a while ago. I tried to sell them once, found no takers. Now they've seen some painting duty... neat shoes, I just never wear them.

-Jake

A

Anonymous

Jake431 said:
I got those at Zappos quite a while ago. I tried to sell them once, found no takers. Now they've seen some painting duty... neat shoes, I just never wear them.

-Jake

Jake, thanks for getting back to me - Geeze, I don't check this site as much as I should, had they been my size I would have jumped at them. Oh well.....

Checked the Zappos site, they only have Men's size 5 left so unless I cut my foot in a little more than half I am out of luck! I have an original pair that I sometimes wear however reluctantly.

(BTW, LOVE your FLW quote, I completely concur - I am a Chicago boy myself, unhappily exiled temporarily to Kansas City)

Best,
Bill K.

Jake431

Yeah, they went fast at Zappos, not sure if there's any place left to get them. Perhaps you could try eBay, the usual haunts. What size are you? I'll keep an eye out for you...

-Jake

PS: Chicago pride, it's the only way.

A

Anonymous

Jake431 said:
Yeah, they went fast at Zappos, not sure if there's any place left to get them. Perhaps you could try eBay, the usual haunts. What size are you? I'll keep an eye out for you...

-Jake

PS: Chicago pride, it's the only way.

Hey, Jake, thanks - I'm a 10.5 if you ever run across another pair - :)

Best,
Bill K.