• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Aero Theead 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondDave

Well that was the most ham-fisted closing of a thread that I have ever seen. Sadly that thread was the most lively discussion to happen here in quite a long time. Have we really become a bunch of ol' ladies that cannot handle a debate.

"Are we not men?..."

Oh well.

DD

Vcruiser

Personally, I don't think John was wrong in starting that thread. However, the turn it soon took was very revealing at showing several good examples of why some members sadly haven't been so eager to post here much anymore. It's great when the membership can self moderate with the best interests of the forum in mind, but when a few member's self importance dominates the best interests of us as a group and makes this place a certain free zone to belittle other forums, it comes across as unwelcoming as well as hostile to anyone who may enjoy posting elsewhere as well.
If we want only a tight little group with a few posting in safe egotistical lockstep, then that mentality will insure that those handful of members will rule, with moderation only needed, if they drag it on with enough expected final insults to those who may disagree. Sadly that has happened here for quite sometime, and the few are quite content with that. They seem to care less about the presentation of this forum and quick to criticize others who respect a certain discipline that the new few dismiss as still (and always) unnecessary even with their antics and actions of anything goes.

ausreenactor

It may have been my last post that killed it? :oops: I stated that both Van and I were in complete agreement in this case. That must have sent shockwaves through the internet. ;)

a2jacketpatches

DiamondDave said:
Well that was the most ham-fisted closing of a thread that I have ever seen. Sadly that thread was the most lively discussion to happen here in quite a long time. Have we really become a bunch of ol' ladies that cannot handle a debate.

"Are we not men?..."

Oh well.

DD

I agree, didn't seem too bad. Felt like I had to straighten my point out more than once though. The whole cost of being a vendor there is just too much for a me I guess. I was a very new member there and did like the wide range of topics, but was a little disheartened with what happened. Have to say in the two years since, business has doubled without their help, and I most likely would have buried myself with their help. My involvement in the thread was simply because I have no idea what the hell is going on there, and I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone.

Also, seems like Johnny is able to post photos and links to his goods along with the option to order custom patches right there in his thread so maybe something has changed for the better maybe not. Again, what's going on? I like Johnny, he's helpful with ID's and having fun doing what he loves much like myself so I would hate to step on his toes and I'll steer clear.

TankBuster

I didn't even participate and don't have much of any interest in the topic, but I will say it was very obvious when it was started by John, it was going to end badly.

DiamondDave

Re: The Aero Thread 2.0

Back to the trial narrative. I did think it was interesting that the narrative on TFL, was so poorly written, and punctuated. It seemed to have an incredible amount of typos. I must say that for a supposed member of the 4th estate to have written it, it was not very precise. If I were hiring a writer, I would be...er, skeptical.

DD

Vcruiser

...Or skeptical about someone so intent on resurrecting and continuing a thread that a Moderator determined was only causing hard feelings so thus deleted.
Could this most recent intervention have something to do with someone somewhere daring to perceive the possibility of small pockets... :shock:

a2jacketpatches

Yeah, John did 86 the whole thing, but aside from the trial, what's up with the VAT thing? I'd really like to know about that and something tells me Van has all the answers since Van is so good at setting everyone straight. Maybe I missed something but it seems that was just skipped over. Can "beloved Van" explain?

Vcruiser

Why not start a thread about that Aero 'VAT thing' and get it out of your system. Simple isn't it.

a2jacketpatches

Just asking Van because Van will most likely pop in and settle all wherever it is anyway. Was just guessing that Van probably knows the skinny on that situation or Van could at the very least justify it. It was brought up in the Aero thread and avoided as if nobody noticed so I'm trying to avoid "resurrecting" the trial. You see, believe it or not, there's countless potential flight jacket prospects out there that think patches before the jacket and ask me who I recommend. Quality? I've patched up Aero's along with everyone else and they are top notch without a doubt. But are they charging a VAT fee that should not be charged? I am honest with my customers and wouldn't want to recommend a dishonest company. You being a self appointed liaison to Aero, just thought you may be of some help since nobody else will acknowledge.

C'mon Van, what's it gonna take? A free patch? Few bucks via Paypal? :lol:

Vcruiser

a2jacketpatches said:
Just asking Van because Van will most likely pop in and settle all wherever it is anyway. Was just guessing that Van probably knows the skinny on that situation or Van could at the very least justify it. It was brought up in the Aero thread and avoided as if nobody noticed so I'm trying to avoid "resurrecting" the trial. You see, believe it or not, there's countless potential flight jacket prospects out there that think patches before the jacket and ask me who I recommend. Quality? I've patched up Aero's along with everyone else and they are top notch without a doubt. But are they charging a VAT fee that should not be charged? I am honest with my customers and wouldn't want to recommend a dishonest company. You being a self appointed liaison to Aero, just thought you may be of some help since nobody else will acknowledge.

No..what it will take is simply starting a thread with the topic: Aero VAT thing. That in no way resurrects the Aero trial or hijacks into a different subject. Here's another helpful hint...get over the self centered egotistical portrayal that everything is all about you and your patch business, and perhaps those you may be unfairly criticizing might agree to post specific answers to your questions. However, somehow, I think that would lead to a long argument of repeating yourself in post after post and then finally attempting to make excuses as to how you've been somewhat wronged and misunderstood.
Give it a try, though. What have you got to lose..?? Best of luck.

DiamondDave

Vcruiser said:
a2jacketpatches said:

No..what it will take is simply starting a thread with the topic: Aero VAT thing. That in no way resurrects the Aero trial or hijacks into a different subject. Here's another helpful hint...get over the self centered egotistical portrayal that everything is all about you and your patch business, and perhaps those you may be unfairly criticizing might agree to post specific answers to your questions. However, somehow, I think that would lead to a long argument of repeating yourself in post after post and then finally attempting to make excuses as to how you've been somewhat wronged and misunderstood.
Give it a try, though. What have you got to lose..?? Best of luck.

Wow! :lol: . The self-appointed "forum police" has the nerve to call someone else egotistical?

DD

Vcruiser

Well DD
Over the past few years we've had the eBay police formed...FL cops..and Aero interrogators...so what's your beef....

Vcruiser

a2jacketpatches said:
Sorry Van, just thought that the beloved Van may have some Van insight when someone actually asked......Van :lol:

If you ignore the answers, then how can you ever expect to gain any insight..?

a2jacketpatches

Vcruiser said:
a2jacketpatches said:
Sorry Van, just thought that the beloved Van may have some Van insight when someone actually asked......Van :lol:

If you ignore the answers, then how can you ever expect to gain any insight..?

OK Van, keep dodging the direct question like everyone else. Not criticizing, it's a direct question that I have not seen answered yet. World doesn't revolve around my patch business but I am in the game. I'm left to assume funny business and pass that on to whoever asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.