• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taobao

DJS48

When I first came to China in 2007, I was very surprised to learn that in general the Chinese people have high regard for "Fei Hu".
Regards,
Don

Monsoon

John Lever said:
There are some excellent photos of Eastman jackets on this shopping site, better even than on the official ELC site.

I agree. The jacket pictures are a lot better than on the ELC site!!

regius

mrchina said:
When I first came to China in 2007, I was very surprised to learn that in general the Chinese people have high regard for "Fei Hu".
Regards,
Don
True. The saying that "oh, that's a Fei Hu Dui jacket!" is almost used to mean "oh, that's an A-2 jacket", few people know it's called an A-2, but because Chenault has a friendship with Ms. Song, and he wore and introduced the A-2 to mainland China, the Flying Tiger group became synonymous with the American horsehide flight jacket, for the Chinese.

veli1

Hello Gents,

has someone actually bought something from this taobao portal? I found interesting photo of a Chinese guy wearing a Chinese made repro tanker jacket, it cost 150 $.
It looks OK for a Chinese made copy.
How can we order this?

colekwok

veli1

This brand, when translated, is call the Global. They make decent A-2s and WW2 repro jackets. Of course, you cannot expect Buzz or McCoy qualities, but they are decent repros, probably with some decent repro Talon zippers as well.
Thanks for the info colekwok, do they have a website beside taobao?

colekwok

Thanks for the info colekwok, do they have a website beside taobao?

veli, I don't think they sell their jackets online outside China other than TaoBao. Check out Aliexpress, which is the international site of TaoBao to see if they sell directly overseas. So far I have not found any of them outside TaoBao.

veli1

veli, I don't think they sell their jackets online outside China other than TaoBao. Check out Aliexpress, which is the international site of TaoBao to see if they sell directly overseas. So far I have not found any of them outside TaoBao.
Thanks for the info colekwok, i appreciate this.

m444uk

I would caution using a credit card on any Chinese website. I used to use .aliexpress.com when they took Paypal and everything was fine.
Using a credit card and the following day there were hundreds of small mobile phone charges billed to it. Not a problem as you are not liable but it's a time consuming business getting a replacement card. It's not possible for any big ticket items to be fraudulently charged my as card provider sends me a PIN number confirmation by text. The small stuff just gets automatically accepted.

veli1

i found a Taobao agent web site and i sent them a couple of question. Agent is located both in China and Hong Kong. I recon they have a warehouse in China and then they send items to Hong Kong to ship parcels to other countries. Here is what i got:

China office
Luohu , Shenzhen

Hong Kong office
Kwon Tong , Hong Kong

Please check the size chart.
The first payment = item cost + domestic fee + service fee
2nd payment = international shipping fee.
the 2nd payment depends on which shipping method you would like to use.
we don't accept PayPal if the item value over 800CNY.
we will take the actual picture for the item and you can check on your
order detail page.

http://world.taobao.com/item/522882...in&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-689990575.8.wKdqz7

So, if i want to buy a Tanker jacket via paypal i can't buy it because cost of the item is approx. 860-960 CNY. This sucks.
Second, i'm trying to read chinese simbols from this table which is a little irritating. I know i'm 178 cm tall with chest size 110 (circumference) and wear jackets in sz Large (42-44).
Obviously, this jacket is made for chinese people because their sz 38 fits someone with chest size 112 cm and 40 with chest size 116. So i'm size 40? Am i right?

Last edited:

Rutger

Oh dear. Wouldn't it be easier to just buy in Europe or the USA?
I have seen identically sized Buzz jackets on Rakuten (they would be kind of like taobao, right?) being described with rather many different "actual" measurements.
The same may apply to the above taobao tanker jacket.

ADC

True. The saying that "oh, that's a Fei Hu Dui jacket!" is almost used to mean "oh, that's an A-2 jacket", few people know it's called an A-2, but because Chenault has a friendship with Ms. Song, and he wore and introduced the A-2 to mainland China, the Flying Tiger group became synonymous with the American horsehide flight jacket, for the Chinese.
I went to a museum house in Shenyang last year, formally the home to an old warlord and a large outbuilding was a dedicated Flying Tigers museum which was very well patronised. Thousands of peole must have visited on the day I was there. I also caught part of a documentary on TV about the Flying Tigers dutring their war anniversary week.

veli1

Oh dear. Wouldn't it be easier to just buy in Europe or the USA?
I have seen identically sized Buzz jackets on Rakuten (they would be kind of like taobao, right?) being described with rather many different "actual" measurements.
The same may apply to the above taobao tanker jacket.

Hi, thanks for remark. At 325£ new Buzz rickson's / ELC tanker jacket is a little bit expensive for my pocket right now. So i'm checking all other options, even buying one from China.

Rutger

Isn't At The Front also into tanker jackets? I seem to remember a thread pretty recently that theirs is a good repro.

Monsoon

I have an ATF wool lined tanker and it's a great jacket. I wore it a lot in the fall and early winter; kept me plenty warm.

If you don't want the wool lining, they have one with a polartec fleece lining. I saw this at The Gap in January. Until I picked it up, I wouldn't have known it wasn't wool. It's cheaper, machine washable, and softer than the wool.