• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taobao

ausreenactor

I thought that those prices were in Yen and got VERY excited. Then realised the Yuan rate is worse than buying them from ELC direct. :( Great selection of jackets. Perhaps China will eclipse Japan with their booming economy?

They have a very impressive postal service if you want tracking!

John Lever

You could be right there , probably more millionaires than everywhere else combined. Then there's Alibaba the worlds biggest auction site.

ausreenactor

And now I want a brown ELC Luftwaffe to put SGT chevrons on!!

Watched Fury the other day and did not pick it as a leather. Pretty scungy...

zhz44

John Lever said:
You could be right there , probably more millionaires than everywhere else combined. Then there's Alibaba the worlds biggest auction site.

Taobao is owned by Alibaba as well...

zhz44

One question, the Eastman 33-1729 uses Hookless zipper with Hookless stamped on it, is it true that in any original A2, they used this zipper?

From the timeline of Hookless zipper, I think it is more likely that it should be a Hookless look zipper with Talon label stamped on it?

Is there any photo of original a2 jacket with this zipper?

foster

Gary Eastman shows in his book an original jacket of the 33-1729 contract. It had a Talon marked zipper.

Andrew

JDAM said:
Christian Bale lookalike, no?
He's actually a Mate of Gary E's and is a 60's vintage US clothing collector and founder of TSPTR. He models all of Gary's ELCMC gear. I could be wrong but I think he may also be a Pom! On instagram as "crackedactor".

John Lever

zhz44 said:
John Lever said:

Taobao is owned by Alibaba as well...
True,at one point almost 30% of the entire Chinese population were on Alibaba shopping. They have huge distribution centres to cope with demand.

regius

Wow, Eastman jackets in China....

I haven't returned to China in a while, and last time, five years ago, there were some small vintage stores whose owners are into vintage leather jackets, but the interest of A2 was minimal. I recently saw a blog site about a new "main stream" vintage store opened in the hip area of Beijing, some serious store front and window displays of WW2 stuff. The owner's blog also talk about engineer boots. I guess it's before long China's wealthy youth kick start this culture. Denim and vintage jeans have been in China for a while, there are some dedicated denim workshops practicing traditional fabric and jean making, quite impressive the dedication. These are possibly pet projects of young people whose parents own enterprises and who decided not to mess with their parents "boring" business. In many ways, it's a good thing, after all, the Chinese, especially the business owners, are the ones who wrench the most from negative remarks about Made in China, so a small number of them chose to combat this image simply because they can ($$$). Trust funds, maybe, but definitely not the trust fund attitude.

JDAM

regius said:
Wow, Eastman jackets in China....

I haven't returned to China in a while, and last time, five years ago, there were some small vintage stores whose owners are into vintage leather jackets, but the interest of A2 was minimal.

Interesting. I know of a couple of serious Chinese collectors of flying tiger stuff. They love anything that has to do with whacking Japanese, and yet more so when it's American's doing it. An entertaining and unifying topic of conversation when Chinese and US high-biz are making small talk around the boardroom table.