• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Surprise!!! Bill Kelso's new creation.

A

Anonymous

Proudly presenting to you Bill Kelso's new creation
Sorry poor quality photos, they were taken with my non-professional cheapo camera and the lighting conditions were peculiar too.

These are test jackets, so don't mind the pointy pocket flap. The jackets will have the rounded RW pocket flap. Also, these jackets have the Bill Kelso label because when they were made our RW label wasn't ready (now it is). Also, jackets these jackets have the CONMAR copy zipper, but modern copy of TALON zipper is also available.

img1499j.jpg

Yes, you guessed right, it's the RW 27752.
The actual color is not captured in these photos.

img1502d.jpg

img1503x.jpg

img1505uy.jpg

img1507jt.jpg

img1512s.jpg

img1525xr.jpg

The color here is more true to the actual.

In russet

img1514k.jpg

img1515j.jpg

img1516fa.jpg

"Clown" collar

img1517h.jpg

img1520tt.jpg

Comparison with original

img1523bv.jpg

img1527nt.jpg

img1528f.jpg

img1529o.jpg

img1532u.jpg

Color comparison Seal Brown vs Russet

img1533y.jpg

img1535s.jpg

img1536fb.jpg

img1540m.jpg

Leather used

img1544s.jpg

img1545k.jpg

img1550j.jpg

img1551px.jpg

Hope you like it!!!

Forgot to mention that photos were taken before collar hooks were attached.

John Lever

Please tell us all more....
What jackets do you make and what is that fab. shiny crinkly horsehide ?
Do you have a website ?

A

Anonymous

Hi john,
The site is www.billkelsomfg.com but there you will find photos of our house model only. The RW is the new model and site is not updated.

The leather is not shiny, the shine is the light reflecting to the leather. As mentioned shots were taken under strange light conditions with a cheap Canon A480 camera.

For now we are making the Bill Kelso house model Contract no 29971 and Rough Wear 27752.
In the future may add more RW contracts if there is demand and maybe Bronco, Dubow, depending on demand and if we can find originals to replicate the pattern.

John Lever

What a great website, full of character and imagination. The price of your jackets is very competitive considering the quality that is obvious.
Do you plan to make any other designs from WW2 ?

MikeyB-17

The new Roughwear looks really nice-I would seriously consider ordering one of those. One minor point-I think the collar tips are a bit more pointy on the Bill Kelso than on the original (but that may be different on the production jacket). Even so I'd say the likes of ELC and Aero have some serious competition, especially at that price. ELC's A-2's are now right out of my price range, but I reckon a lot more people could still scrape up the price of one of those.

A

Anonymous

John, thanks for your kind words.

This is a small operation. The intention was (still is) to have an affordable price so that people who can afford hi-end can still purchase a decent jacket that would be very close to the originals.

I wanted to offer "hi-fidelity" but not compete with "hi-end" makers.

I 'd love to make other designs, but think I will stick to A-2 jackets at least for the medium term.

dujardin

wowwwwww

congrats

i really enjoy the ''presentation'' (lay down) of your site, original-fashion-as aso, also enjoy the zipper action... greattttttttt
and yes, price is attractive.

can someone provide this photo in highest resolution possible , many thanks
bk.png

all the best in the future to you
marcel

ohhhhh i forget, maybe you can try to add a section of patches to sew on your jacket and/or a possibility to work with an artist to have a personnal jacket

A

Anonymous

The menu has only vegetables and we are all vegetarians.

USMC_GAU-21

Great Website.

Do you guys plan in the future to have a size 48-50? For us.....ummm "bigger guys" ;)

Great looking jackets

r/Gy Dan

A

Anonymous

Nametag available,
Decal we may provide for customer to apply himself.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
Do you have a website ?

Only the Rough Wear pattern is new to the site, John, back last June you were nominated as the VLJ guinea pig. We've all been waiting for months for you to take up your official duties ...

viewtopic.php?p=69929#p69929

John Lever

deeb7 said:
John Lever said:
Do you have a website ?

Only the Rough Wear pattern is new to the site, John, back last June you were nominated as the VLJ guinea pig. We've all been waiting for months for you to take up your official duties ...

http://vintageleatherjackets.org/viewto ... 929#p69929

I see...but I already have two A-2's, enough for me.

Roughwear

Well done Platon. Your RW test jacket is impressive. Are you able to use the correct nipple snaps on the production models and can customs supply an NOS Talon to be installed if they wish. The hh looks very nice.