• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your goats, repro or original

ZuZu

At first I thought it was an original... personally love Spiewak details, seldom seen reproduced contract, you must be happy with this one for many reasons!

D
I am- it's a really light jacket (which JC says isn't typical of Spiewaks- they usually have thick goatskin) and he really caught some Spiewakian details. Bump in the Xbox, eps which pop up, and the pointy collar. Summer jacket.

Dany McDonald

I'll post more when I dig it out of Jacket Pile.

Cool.

Don't want to hijack the thread but that collar shape is just so stylish in the way it's almost trying to hide....

Look at that skin too!!!!

GW-Spiewak-01.jpg

CombatWombat

I know this isn't a "brand name" A2 but I love my old goatskin A2 jacket.......been to wars and humanitarian missions around the Pacific when I was in the Aussie defence force and has definitely stood the test of time!
It's definitely patterned off a 40's fit, it says 46 but fits like a trim modern 42
17013975192766910246496228092190.jpg
17013975536223925958037861531092.jpg
17013975813967773327923520336730.jpg

Attachments

• 17013975192766910246496228092190.jpg
    17013975192766910246496228092190.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45

B-Man2

Here’s another of one of John’s creations. It’s the Perry Sportswear I just sold . It killed me to do it but it was always a little too trim on me. I’ve got to say that JC is just brilliant when it comes to recreating a specific contract A2. Well done John yours looks friggin awesome on you and the fit is perfect. Congrats buddy .
IMG_1682.jpeg
IMG_1684.jpeg
IMG_1685.jpeg
IMG_1683.jpeg
IMG_1691.jpeg

Lorenzo_l

Some gorgeous jackets guys, the RE is beautiful!
How does an original Dubow compare to your repro Lorenzo?
Hi @blackrat2,
The goat on the Dubow is buttery soft yet super strong. It is not dry nor is it in need of any treatment despite its age. You may have to look after the zipper, knit elements and liner, but the shell is robust and very much able to look after itself. The same can be said for my original G-1s, all of which are super strong yet super soft despite being 70, 67 and 58 years old.
As for the Doniger, it still needs breaking in, but it is softer out of the box than the Aero 16160 in Shinki HH that I just got from JC. The Doni is just a pleasure to wear. Goatskin seems to be more pliable and easier to wear than HH is my impression.

blackrat2

The Horween is stunning leather but comparing the two together this batch of goat feels softer more pliable

Lorenzo_l

FWIW, I generally agree, but I'd qualify that by saying it depends on the horsehide. Shinki or Victoria? Yes, goatskin is softer. But I've owned Horween that was comparable to lambskin out of the box. :oops:
Sure. I only have Shinki and ELC's Warhorse HH to compare goatskin to, so I guess my impressions are biased.

ZuZu

I know this isn't a "brand name" A2 but I love my old goatskin A2 jacket.......been to wars and humanitarian missions around the Pacific when I was in the Aussie defence force and has definitely stood the test of time!
It's definitely patterned off a 40's fit, it says 46 but fits like a trim modern 42View attachment 129259View attachment 129263View attachment 129265
Kinda cool! Like a Perry without a collar stand and big comfortable sleeve holes. Similar pocket flaps, collar points and epaulets to a Perry.

ZuZu

Hi @blackrat2,
The goat on the Dubow is buttery soft yet super strong. It is not dry nor is it in need of any treatment despite its age. You may have to look after the zipper, knit elements and liner, but the shell is robust and very much able to look after itself. The same can be said for my original G-1s, all of which are super strong yet super soft despite being 70, 67 and 58 years old.
As for the Doniger, it still needs breaking in, but it is softer out of the box than the Aero 16160 in Shinki HH that I just got from JC. The Doni is just a pleasure to wear. Goatskin seems to be more pliable and easier to wear than HH is my impression.
Goatskin made by little 1930/40/50 elves!

CombatWombat

Kinda cool! Like a Perry without a collar stand and big comfortable sleeve holes. Similar pocket flaps, collar points and epaulets to a Perry.
It was made by an Australian company who marketed them for the RAAF and helo/airmobile capable army personnel.
But the grapevine says it's a pattern is the much vaulted V505 contract.
Unfortunately after 3 years of digging I still can't get a definitive answer to what pattern they used as the basis......
The only thing that I can say for certain is that it's based off the WW2 fitting (athletic V shape) rather than the more recent versions that are more like a boxy fit
Best goatskin I've handled in outerwear and books......probably Pakistan sourced skins but proudly Australian made