• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your goats, repro or original

blackrat2

Been meaning to post up a new thread for sometime but been hugely busy at work, who isn’t these days!!
So to kick things off and inspired by Jan’s RW, I just couldn’t resist giving johns new goat a try.
John being one to push the boundaries, was happy to oblige and make a semi combat clone Dubow in his new goatskin
So, not happy with a straight up GW I asked John once again to let his artistic skills wonder, I wanted sewing with a human touch, pocket flaps that weren’t perfect, pocket placement he had licence to make them like an original.
I’ve always been a seal fan and on this occasion John was happy to dye the Dubow and I have to say the result is frighteningly good, a really nice organic colour
This jacket has the NOS poppers and I went for a NOS Talon to complete the hardware
The fit is loose on me and I will try get some fit pics later today if I can find an obliging hand.
Here are some close ups for now, John did a very small amount of clone work on the leather, very subtle and whilst I’ve never had this before it’s really enhanced the jacket from the get go.
If you’re considering goat then I have to say go for it, it’s very different from steer and horse hide , soft and with a great drape.
On this Dubow I have the new knits which I have to say are so much better than anything else I’ve had and I think the colour of them goes so well with the jackets overall look,I hope you guys think so as let’s be honest nobody else will pick out the finer details!!
So hopefully I’ve kicked off a new thread to “salute” the goatee’s out there..I know there are a few out there but please do add to this thread.
Once again John has put together another of his crazily accurate A2’s and I can’t thank him enough for going along with me on another of these combat clone style jackets, I think he has done a sterling job and really captured the essence of how originals were made, solid jackets but put together quickly
IMG_2294.jpeg
IMG_2295.jpeg
IMG_2296.jpeg
IMG_2297.jpeg
IMG_2298.jpeg
IMG_2300.jpeg
IMG_2301.jpeg

saucerfiend

Been meaning to post up a new thread for sometime but been hugely busy at work, who isn’t these days!!
So to kick things off and inspired by Jan’s RW, I just couldn’t resist giving johns new goat a try.
John being one to push the boundaries, was happy to oblige and make a semi combat clone Dubow in his new goatskin
So, not happy with a straight up GW I asked John once again to let his artistic skills wonder, I wanted sewing with a human touch, pocket flaps that weren’t perfect, pocket placement he had licence to make them like an original.
I’ve always been a seal fan and on this occasion John was happy to dye the Dubow and I have to say the result is frighteningly good, a really nice organic colour
This jacket has the NOS poppers and I went for a NOS Talon to complete the hardware
The fit is loose on me and I will try get some fit pics later today if I can find an obliging hand.
Here are some close ups for now, John did a very small amount of clone work on the leather, very subtle and whilst I’ve never had this before it’s really enhanced the jacket from the get go.
If you’re considering goat then I have to say go for it, it’s very different from steer and horse hide , soft and with a great drape.
On this Dubow I have the new knits which I have to say are so much better than anything else I’ve had and I think the colour of them goes so well with the jackets overall look,I hope you guys think so as let’s be honest nobody else will pick out the finer details!!
So hopefully I’ve kicked off a new thread to “salute” the goatee’s out there..I know there are a few out there but please do add to this thread.
Once again John has put together another of his crazily accurate A2’s and I can’t thank him enough for going along with me on another of these combat clone style jackets, I think he has done a sterling job and really captured the essence of how originals were made, solid jackets but put together quickly View attachment 129111View attachment 129113View attachment 129115View attachment 129117View attachment 129119View attachment 129121View attachment 129123
Another JC masterpiece! How about a fit pic?

blackrat2

Chandler I can flit between the two but I prefer a 46…I literally through jacket on and haven’t sort of pulled it around for purposes of the pick
I know we’ve kicked the arse out of what is a WW2 fit bit for me it’s gotta be considered that these things were worn with layers and hence I like baggy and loose
My picks don’t do the jacket justice, late afternoon light probably not do his jacket justice but given I can’t do the selfie thing, you’ve gotten your fit pic

Chandler

Chandler I can flit between the two but I prefer a 46…I literally through jacket on and haven’t sort of pulled it around for purposes of the pick
I know we’ve kicked the arse out of what is a WW2 fit bit for me it’s gotta be considered that these things were worn with layers and hence I like baggy and loose
My picks don’t do the jacket justice, late afternoon light probably not do his jacket justice but given I can’t do the selfie thing, you’ve gotten your fit pic
That's a fit that would make me happy (and it looks like you have something thicker than a t-shirt under it).

Your first images show the glory of the hide, the fit pics are perfect for what they are (and *I* knew they were coming. ;)).

Lorenzo_l

Great idea for a thread!
GW Doniger. This has become my go-to jacket this autumn. Given the loose fit, I can wear a jumper under it quite comfortably. The goatskin is supple and pliable right out of the box. It is a pleasure to wear. I will post a more detailed review of it at some point.

PXL_20230924_155519922_2.jpg

Photo by John Chapman:
Doniger_01.jpg