• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

shit, what do I do?

shanghai joe

havocpaul said:
As you said, "according to the seller" but I am sure there are two sides to the arguement. I once neg a seller who refuse to sell after I won the auction, he neg me back and invented lies that I wont pay and could not be trusted. Ebay didnt want to know even when I provide proof of his email to me of excuse why he didnt sell. Problem here is too many people want to maintain this magic 100% and willing to fore go a negative feedback incase they risk getting one back which bound to happen.

Just to prove my point how many ebayers with 100% ever given a neg to another?

As my case with this buyer is ongoing (eBay now investigating him) I won't comment any more on that; in answer to your last question, I have left negs before where there was no other option and yes, I was probably risking my 100% which thankfully remains intact...it should be about honesty. I have found eBay to be pretty fair overall.[/quote]

VIVA L'EBAY !!! ( to the tune of Viva La Vegas) :D

asiamiles

Global Priority is not the same as Global Express. The former is just a little faster (if at all) than First Class International, and it does not offer tracking. Global Express is faster, and it offers full tracking.

Whenever I bought anything from the US that is of a suitable weight and size I would always request Global Priority. It offers very good value and I've never had a problem with anything going astray. I'd recommend asking the seller to use that method instead.

taikonaut

havocpaul said:
As you said, "according to the seller" but I am sure there are two sides to the arguement. I once neg a seller who refuse to sell after I won the auction, he neg me back and invented lies that I wont pay and could not be trusted. Ebay didnt want to know even when I provide proof of his email to me of excuse why he didnt sell. Problem here is too many people want to maintain this magic 100% and willing to fore go a negative feedback incase they risk getting one back which bound to happen.

Just to prove my point how many ebayers with 100% ever given a neg to another?

As my case with this buyer is ongoing (eBay now investigating him) I won't comment any more on that; in answer to your last question, I have left negs before where there was no other option and yes, I was probably risking my 100% which thankfully remains intact...it should be about honesty. I have found eBay to be pretty fair overall.[/quote]

Good for you but I find ebay is anything but fair in resolving dispute. For instant they allowed the seller to neg me even though he made up lies about me and refuse to sell. Ebay reply was he is entitle not to sell but still allow his lies and neg to stand. In another case someone neg me because payment arrived a day later than his 3 days he had in mind but not mentioned, it was over a UK bank holiday and I dont have access to the net, item was only $7 and paid on the 4th day and was resolved but ebay still let this guy's neg stand even after much protest. As of next month sellers are not allowed to give neg feedback, I wonder why they decide on that rule?
Protecting feedbacks is not a true reflection of how trade is like on ebay and with a particular seller and it is this reason why inscrupulous sellers capitalise on. For instant I had 3 parcels last week bought on ebay, 2 are misrepresented, ie modern fakes, both seller is 100% and long time ebayer with experience selling similar things but you now what would happen if I neg these two and I would get 2 neg back and for sellers obsessed with 100% I would be a problem to them for being honest.

asiamiles

but you now what would happen if I neg these two and I would get 2 neg back and for sellers obsessed with 100% I would be a problem to them for being honest.

I think very few sellers would have a problem selling to someone with some neg. feedbacks. I know I wouldn't. And vice-versa. It's inevitable that you will run into bad sellers and buyers on eBay, so picking up the occasional negative is accepted, and I think when you see someone with a high fb and no neg's you assume they've been "protecting" their feedback, though it might depend on what the person is buying/selling as some areas (militaria possibly being one of them) attract far more disputes and dishonesty than others.

While eBay's decision to stop sellers being able to give buyers neg feedback may make for more honest feedback scores for sellers it also puts far too much power in the hands of the buyer, who with the current Paypal protection scheme already holds all the aces. The problem is, I don't think eBay's policies actually do much good in weeding out the bad sellers, but rather they simply increase the possibilities for the (small) number of dishonest buyers looking for scams.

Hawkeye

luckily the jacket showed up as having arrived into UK customs today. I emailed the buyer this information a short while ago and am awaiting his reply. Hopefully he'll close his dispute with me.

Lignemaginot

I maintain two ebay accounts, one for buying and one for selling.

I have almost 800 "feedbacks" on my selling account, all of them positive. When I'm selling something, someone can look at that 100% and know that I am trustworthy as a seller, without having to dig through my feedback to see if I received a negative for selling or buying.

On the "buying" account, if someone screws me, I'll leave them negative feedback without a care in the world as to whether they leave one for me. No seller is going to not sell to me just because I've got less than 100% feedback.

But, as it happens, I've got 100% feedback on both accounts (despite the fact that I've left some sellers negative feedback, which they richly deserved - they just didn't retaliate).

shanghai joe

Hawkeye said:
luckily the jacket showed up as having arrived into UK customs today. I emailed the buyer this information a short while ago and am awaiting his reply. Hopefully he'll close his dispute with me.

pheeeeeeeeeeew :)

taikonaut

Lignemaginot said:
I maintain two ebay accounts, one for buying and one for selling.

I have almost 800 "feedbacks" on my selling account, all of them positive. When I'm selling something, someone can look at that 100% and know that I am trustworthy as a seller, without having to dig through my feedback to see if I received a negative for selling or buying.

On the "buying" account, if someone screws me, I'll leave them negative feedback without a care in the world as to whether they leave one for me. No seller is going to not sell to me just because I've got less than 100% feedback.

But, as it happens, I've got 100% feedback on both accounts (despite the fact that I've left some sellers negative feedback, which they richly deserved - they just didn't retaliate).

It doesnt always happens like that. I had a seller saying to me that he does not do business with anyone with less than 100% even though the last neg I had was nearly 2 years ago, not to mention I had more than double the number of positive feedback than him despite his 100%.

Hawkeye

Re: sh*t, what do I do?

I informed him a few days ago that the jacket had reached UK customs. He replyed with a thank you. I'm not sure how long UK customs takes, but he should be getting it soon.

asiamiles

taikonaut said:
It doesnt always happens like that. I had a seller saying to me that he does not do business with anyone with less than 100% even though the last neg I had was nearly 2 years ago, not to mention I had more than double the number of positive feedback than him despite his 100%.
Then he doesn't deserve your business...let him lose money by not allowing a large % of bidders to partake of his auctions. I've seen a seller on Yahoo.jp do that. All bids by anyone with a neg. were automatically cancelled...the guy was obviously losing a lot of yen

Hawkeye

The jacket was delivered to the buyer today and he left positive feedback for me, which has been reciprocated. The dispute should be closed anytime now. A happy end to a bad situation. A big thank you to all who left their advice for me.

shanghai joe

Hawkeye said:
The jacket was delivered to the buyer today and he left positive feedback for me, which has been reciprocated. The dispute should be closed anytime now. A happy end to a bad situation. A big thank you to all who left their advice for me.

hey be careful not to learn everyhting form experience.......could be painful OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:eek: .........him he just got ouch up his....arse :shock:

:D :lol:

mazeta

Hawkeye said:
I'm glad it worked out for you. Next time, don't cheap out on shipping charges.