• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Irvin project - FINISHED!

jonnyboy

Hi guys,

I've finally finished the test jacket! Here are a couple of quick snaps (raining today, but managed to take pictures in between showers!).

It's far from perfect, mostly due to the dodgy stitching in places, but it's the first thing I've ever made with a sewing machine. My sewing has improved during making this jacket, so hopefully with a bit more practice it will get to a passable standard.

The pattern seems to work, and everything fits together as it should. I'll take more pics next week, as I'm away from tomorrow morning until Monday night.

jacket-front-1.jpg

jacket-back-1.jpg

Cheers,

Jon

deand

Congratulations! Looks terrific! Love it when the members 'make their own'! Can't wait ot see the next one.

dean

rich

I think you're selling yourself short - it's magnificent. The finish looks spot on, the texture and colour are perfect IMO. After a little wear to the fleece, it'd pass for an original - congratulations on a great achievement, it's great to have seen it happen.

johnwayne

Well Jonnyboy, from a non 'shearling' fan I think you've done a brill job - give yourself a pat on the back - I certainly reckon you'd have no problem selling here, if thats what you intend?
cheers
Wayne

Hawkeye

Absolutely stunning, thats the most "original" looking repro Irvin I've ever seen. So the million dollar question now is, when do you start accepting orders? :D

John Lever

Wow !
Watch out Eastman or anyone else for that matter.
For a first project it looks very good. Do you plan to take any orders ?

MikeyB-17

Stone the crows! Hell of a job. I wouldn't worry too much about the stitching, I'd have it without hesitation, so-called dodgy stitching and all. I can't imagine the seams were laser-straight on a lot of wartime jackets either. Knock out a few more and you'll soon have the hang of it anyway.

philip.ed

That looks brilliant. Top drawer stuff! IMHO, that looks better than any other repro Irvin I've seen.
Well done ;)

Roughwear

Your first Irvin looks amazing. It is so much better looking than any other repros I have seen. The fleece is spot on with character and depth. The collar shape is very similar to Wareings jackets and with those Lightning zips looks like a new 1940 Irvin. All it needs now is a label and leather pulls!

art of a2

Heck of a jacket jonnyboy. Heck of an achiebement..It looks superb. I know you are away till Monday so am not sure if you are picking up this feed back. Looks like just off the production line in WWII. A really terrific job..

Andrew

The others have said it all Jon, just brilliant. What a feeling of achievement to have made something like this by yourself. All credit to you. As Andrew said, it does indeed look like a 1940 Wareings out of a box, except for a couple of seams its a dead ringer for this 1941 Wareings;

RIMG0076.jpg

I'll get in line for one too (or am I already in line??) :lol:

Great stuff, and it'll only improve once you get a couple under your belt. Can't wait to try one on.

When you get a chance and some clear weather i'd love to see the full barrage of photos- plus someof it being worn would be great too please.

blackrat2

Superb effort....all the hard work has paid off, i think the others have pretty much said everything.