• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting squardron patches on your flight jacket

shedonwanna

Here is a set of patches made by a 388th BG veteran. Like my dad, he was a navigator with the 563rd and flew two missions on D-Day. He made the patches for sale at reunions and many of the 388th members wear them on their post war jackets. All of the 388th vets are honored that we would remember them by wearing their emblems on our jackets. Bob Simmon was a good friend and we shared a common birth date - I can't bring myself to sew them to a jacket. This set was probably one of the last sets he made. I began painting patches for the reunions when Bob's arthritis would no longer allow him to paint.

388th_simmon.jpg

I put this patch on one of my A-2s. It's the 1st Photo Recon Squadron in WWII. I'm obviously not trying to impersonate a WWII pilot. I like this patch because I was a mapping pilot and this is a cool looking patch for aerial mapping. I think it would be a cool logo for the company I used to fly for, or at least a similar design.

54373031_c9teg-L.jpg
56004973_y4HMF-M.jpg