• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original L.W. Foster 7823(AER)

a2jacketpatches

TOMG1401 said:
A point of education Sean, (Patches), Van and I have been on all the itineration's of this Forum dating back over 15 years and have had a few disagreements within those times, I respect him, as I hope he has some measure of respect for my posts, what you do is outside the boundaries of what this Forum is about. Unfortunately somewhere along the way it became OK for various persons to use this space for their own personal agenda, I will repeat what I posted years ago, Chris did not fund this Forum with that purpose in mind, you refuse to respect that as Platon did, the moderators, Bill in particular has enough class to delay putting the hammer down on you , I would not. You have become tedious.

Congratulations to you both. Don't worry, years ago I was here as well, big difference from today. Based on recent, I foresee a bright future for the VLJ elite members such as yourself. All remaining 3 of you will be following the rules flawlessly sooner or later. The members hit by the all mighty hammer, or actually like the majority simply got fed up and moved on (The proof is in the pudding) Honestly, the drop in participation here has little to do with picture posting problems and lack of IP addresses, so I think there's a wake up call in order here. I'd prefer to remain but feel like I'm really getting the squeeze now. Almost as if you're trying to lure me into a dark alley or something, a pretty easy thing to do as a keyboard commando but I think you'd think twice otherwise. So hey, why don't we end this ridiculous nonsense and be glad sobrien was able to salvage a few bits and pieces here, Glad I could help him and I hope he's not discouraged. But I do encourage him to broaden his horizons. Give this forum a chance but it's not the center of the Flight jacket universe either.

You said it V :lol: "Abusement park"

Please just lock this thread, sobrien is done and it just keeps flying off into nowhere :roll:

YoungMedic

Great story and great looking jacket. I was reading through and came to the first picture and thought you looked awfully young for your father enlisting in 1946. I went back and forth a few times then finally scrolled all the way down to see it was your son modeling the jacket :lol: There is a ton of knowledge and productive conflict here, I like to sit back and "listen" and take it all in.

Cheers

a2jacketpatches

What a great outlook to have! You get my vote YM. But I have to disagree in this case.

"I have a few questions.
Anyway to find out what year it was made?
And, is there any one who could make copies of the squadron patches?

Date?...Check......Patches? Not just one, but a few...here they are.....Mission accomplished!......Well Great Googally Moogally!

and then.........counter productive conflict......Dundadundun.

Vcruiser

TOMG1401 said:
A point of education Sean, (Patches), Van and I have been on all the itineration's of this Forum dating back over 15 years and have had a few disagreements within those times, I respect him, as I hope he has some measure of respect for my posts, what you do is outside the boundaries of what this Forum is about. Unfortunately somewhere along the way it became OK for various persons to use this space for their own personal agenda, I will repeat what I posted years ago, Chris did not fund this Forum with that purpose in mind, you refuse to respect that as Platon did, the moderators, Bill in particular has enough class to delay putting the hammer down on you , I would not. You have become tedious.

Tom
We all can have disagreements from time to time. However, when someone continually suggests that the VLJ needs to change, especially to suit their own personal needs, and drones on and on that the membership shouldn't attempt to self moderate (as in much of the past) and are now only 'self appointed' and should mind their own business..it becomes a bit much. Couple that with a complete disregard of any rules that were set up for good reason and 'official' moderator's comments are just as undeserving of much consideration, then it has, indeed, certainly reached another level.