• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original B-15 in mint condition

warguy

Looks to be a beautiful one. I bid hard, but apparently not hard enough although I was close. Don’t know that I remember one going for that much but it looks minty.

warguy

As a consolation prize I bid on a B15A in what appears to be equally good condition and won it last night (ending price was considerably less but it is an A and I know they are not as rare). Hopefully I can add a B-15 still in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

JonnyCrow

As a consolation prize I bid on a B15A in what appears to be equally good condition and won it last night (ending price was considerably less but it is an A and I know they are not as rare). Hopefully I can add a B-15 still in the future if the opportunity presents itself.
Nice, seen one on Etsy yesterday but for 95 Euro is a total restoration job haha

warguy

Yeah I have been seeing a number of these jackets listed throughout several sites, but a large majority of them are either in very poor shape or a civilian model. Originals in really good condition with the original contractors label still in place are getting harder to find for sure. Took me several years to find a B-10 in excellent plus condition. The WWII vintage “B Models” have definitely become more desirable by collectors. A really nice B-10 now often sells for much more than a decent plain Jane A2.

JonnyCrow

Yeah I have been seeing a number of these jackets listed throughout several sites, but a large majority of them are either in very poor shape or a civilian model. Originals in really good condition with the original contractors label still in place are getting harder to find for sure. Took me several years to find a B-10 in excellent plus condition. The WWII vintage “B Models” have definitely become more desirable by collectors. A really nice B-10 now often sells for much more than a decent plain Jane A2.
I agree, seen some sky high prices for cloth jackets in top condition

Dany McDonald

Agreed with the scarcity of some types of jackets.

B-10's and L-2's are very very rare or very expensive. I also noticed some players on ebay with a Japanese twist to collecting with their pricing and business models if I can say.

Its as if some are using jacket collecting as an investment to the pull the most profit out of it. Not new but not my type...

D

JonnyCrow

And superior togs co?

Dany McDonald

his one is a mess really, don't know anything from the label but not my expertise

Civi post WW2 B-15. There were a lot of cloth B-15 jackets variants offered right from the end of the war up to the 50's.
Ranging from what actually looks like an original with every attributes respected (Ex: Fitzwell Original type) to quite different jackets but retainibg the feel of a B-15.

Some ''Original Types'' have been mistaken for originals as the jacket is like an issued jacket in its material and conformity to the spec but the label say Original Type after the manufacturer name.

The zipper is a giveaway most of the time, being different from originals.

Hope this helps.

D

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Looks to be a beautiful one. I bid hard, but apparently not hard enough although I was close. Don’t know that I remember one going for that much but it looks minty.
We will see that soon. ;)
19743ED7-73CC-47C5-BAE7-CD95A000F1E3.png

JonnyCrow

Civi post WW2 B-15. There were a lot of cloth B-15 jackets variants offered right from the end of the war up to the 50's.
Ranging from what actually looks like an original with every attributes respected (Ex: Fitzwell Original type) to quite different jackets but retainibg the feel of a B-15.

Some ''Original Types'' have been mistaken for originals as the jacket is like an issued jacket in its material and conformity to the spec but the label say Original Type after the manufacturer name.

The zipper is a giveaway most of the time, being different from originals.

Hope this helps.

D
I agree, I once had a post ww2 satin green one with red satin lining, some sportswear company made, nice jacket all the same

Dany McDonald

I've always wonder why this jacket was so popular with the motor sports crowd. You can find images of guys with B-15's at moto cycle races and hot-rod grouping. Its been reproduced in Japan by Freewheelers for the vintage biker crowd too.

Interesting.