• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original B-1 and B-2 jackets !

Roughwear

I noticed both jackets earlier today and guessed they would be flagged up here! It really is amazing that an original B-1 or B-2 have not appeared on Ebay for months and then suddenly both are listed within hours of each other! It seems these early 30s size 38s were similar in size to a wartime 40 or 42 B-3. Anyone like to stick their neck out and suggest sale prices?

dujardin

the B1 is splennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndid

i wonder what was sewed in place of the remnant of square ???????
patch or inside pochet; i saw no one in the follwing photo with the view on the liner.

when i compare photos , i found that this B1 is similar to the jacket made with an M456a flying suit.
both are really beautifull

grrrrrrrrr why am i not just a little more rich? just a little...

byeeeeeee marcel

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dujardin said:
patch or inside pochet; i saw no one in the follwing photo with the view on the liner.

Do you mean on the chest, Marcel ... where the patch pocket used to be?

dujardin

deeb7 said:
dujardin said:

Do you mean on the chest, Marcel ... where the patch pocket used to be?

:oops: :oops: :oops:
yes David that was my stupid question.
after your remark, i understand it was evident and go back to the ebay listing and take time to read the well detailed listing.
so, i discover the answer. sometimess (often) i feeling myself wellllll.....stupid

from the ebay listing
Air Corps Technical Order No. 13-1-4 of May 24, 1934 states that the left breast pocket of B-1 and B-2 winter jackets, along with A-4 flight suits, shall be removed when name plates or group insignia is applied to these garments. That is what happened to this jacket - the chest pocket was removed due to interference with the parachute harnesses worn in flight. It's rare to see one of these jackets that still has the pockets, though some do exist.

byeeeeeeee marcel

John Lever

Roughwear said:
I noticed both jackets earlier today and guessed they would be flagged up here! It really is amazing that an original B-1 or B-2 have not appeared on Ebay for months and then suddenly both are listed within hours of each other! It seems these early 30s size 38s were similar in size to a wartime 40 or 42 B-3. Anyone like to stick their neck out and suggest sale prices?
I posted them both very early yesterday morning. Pay attention Andrew!
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5558

If they go to Japan then who knows ?
Most jacket freaks might not be so keen though. It's the A-2's that draw the interest.
My guess is £500 max for the B-2.

asiamiles

John Lever said:
£500 huh? Might be worth having a go, that's not much money these days, is it?

And while it wouldn't fit you, it could serve as a template for Aero to make one in a larger size! After which you could sell it on.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
John Lever said:

And while it wouldn't fit you, it could serve as a template for Aero to make one in a larger size! After which you could sell it on.

John was just quoting my earlier post, making fun of his Great British Pound .... don't be putting ideas into his head.

He has enough of his own. ;)

John Lever

deeb7 said:
asiamiles said:
John Lever said:

John was just quoting my earlier post, making fun of his Great British Pound .... don't be putting ideas into his head.

He has enough of his own. ;)
:?
If you rally want the repro makers to progress, they often need a helping hand. I hope Aero or ELC buy one of these two.
A B-2 in Aero Vintage horse would be a killer.

zoomer

John Lever said:
If you rally want the repro makers to progress, they often need a helping hand. I hope Aero or ELC buy one of these two.
I doubt Aero would ever agree to it - haven't they said no at leats once?

The B-2 is supposed to be hell to make, and they're convinced there's no interest outside of the top-end Japanese market.

John Lever

zoomer said:
John Lever said:

The B-2 is supposed to be hell to make, and they're convinced there's no interest outside of the top-end Japanese market.
Will, is making a B-1 for me. He had promised it for this year, but they are way too busy.
It will have the correct French seams, not folded ones.
Cost £500

Tokyo Jones

John, I suppose that means it's a one-off coat, then?

At that price and at Aero's quality, seems like they'd have a winner on their hands...

fishmeok

John Lever said:
zoomer said:
John Lever said:

Will, is making a B-1 for me. He had promised it for this year, but they are way too busy.
It will have the correct French seams, not folded ones.
Cost £500

Do you have a pic of the French seam? I'm not visualizing it- seems too hard to do with leather...
Cheers
Mark