• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nylon..

London Cabbie

Love Nylon…Mercury 7
421B000B-E85A-45CF-B8C4-59C7995F9171.jpeg

Flightengineer

@London Cabbie I think the orange flightsuit in the Cab is too much. Although ... the main thing is that you like it and don't care about the others. And the passengers don't care too, I think.
I wore my flight overalls only when I flew on cargo at the beginning of my career and several times for flying on small birds so as not to stain my clothes with oil, etc.
Once I couldn't change after the flight and so I went home in flight overalls (not orange but tan) in my car from the airport. On the way I had to refuel and when I got out of the car at the gas station I suddenly realized that people were looking at me like an astronaut ha ha. It was funny :D

Last edited:

tda003

While I was in the Marine Corps, I was issued or acquired a G-1, an MA-1 and a CWU-45P. I have worn all. My favorite is the G-1 which is the first flight jacket I remember seeing as a child. I probably wore the MA-1 more than any other and to this day is a favorite. I just had my CWU-45P cleaned and repaired. It's a good looking jacket but doesn't hold up well to heavy use and I don't think it will see any more extensive use. So for me it's either the G-1 or the MA-1, depending on the weather. I think all three are smart looking jackets and "ooze" militaey cool.

Flightengineer

While I was in the Marine Corps, I was issued or acquired a G-1, an MA-1 and a CWU-45P. I have worn all. My favorite is the G-1 which is the first flight jacket I remember seeing as a child. I probably wore the MA-1 more than any other and to this day is a favorite. I just had my CWU-45P cleaned and repaired. It's a good looking jacket but doesn't hold up well to heavy use and I don't think it will see any more extensive use. So for me it's either the G-1 or the MA-1, depending on the weather. I think all three are smart looking jackets and "ooze" militaey cool.

Hi. What did you fly in Vietnam? Are you a helicopter pilot?

tda003

I don't want to misrepresent myself. In Nam I was in ANGLICO and humped radio for non US units, chiefly the ROK Marines. I became friendly with the Wing guys who took us to and from missions. They gave me the G-1 after I took over a door gun when the gunner became disabled. I never wore it. It was warm
The MA-1 dates from when I was in the reserves attached to HMA-773 where I was a crew chief. The CWU-45P was acquired during that time. I wore both extensively. Eventually, injuries left over from Vietnam ended my reserve time.

Flightengineer

I don't want to misrepresent myself. In Nam I was in ANGLICO and humped radio for non US units, chiefly the ROK Marines. I became friendly with the Wing guys who took us to and from missions. They gave me the G-1 after I took over a door gun when the gunner became disabled. I never wore it. It was warm
The MA-1 dates from when I was in the reserves attached to HMA-773 where I was a crew chief. The CWU-45P was acquired during that time. I wore both extensively. Eventually, injuries left over from Vietnam ended my reserve time.

Thank you for your answer. I wish you good health. On another war in another country and much later than you, I was doing about the same thing as you, communications and communications with attack copters.

London Cabbie

Would love to see photos of said jackets…