• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nylon..

917_k

Thanks for your response . I think that Nylon jackets are an area that a lot of us have a tendency to overlook in favor of leather jackets , but I’ve always liked them . They have a history all their own and because they are often overlooked you used to be able to find some pretty good values out there. Like everything else they are now starting to dry up and prices are on the rise.

Yep, couldn’t agree more. Don’t get me wrong, I love the leather jackets, but originals are increasingly hard to find, especially in wearable condition. With most of the jackets I buy I try to buy originals, that I can wear, so nylon jackets fit that perfectly and are versatile enough to wear with lots of different outfits. I find the history fascinating as well, essentially that era when the Air Force established itself as its own service. The clothing is interesting both as an exercise in the Air Force creating a distinctive look, but also creating clothing to suit the new requirements of the jet age. For me there’s just something very ‘cool’ about these jackets.

B-Man2

Yep, couldn’t agree more. Don’t get me wrong, I love the leather jackets, but originals are increasingly hard to find, especially in wearable condition. With most of the jackets I buy I try to buy originals, that I can wear, so nylon jackets fit that perfectly and are versatile enough to wear with lots of different outfits. I find the history fascinating as well, essentially that era when the Air Force established itself as its own service. The clothing is interesting both as an exercise in the Air Force creating a distinctive look, but also creating clothing to suit the new requirements of the jet age. For me there’s just something very ‘cool’ about these jackets.
Great talking points .. all of them .
Cheers

MikeyB-17

Nylon jackets look cool depending on what you wear them with . We all talk about Steve MCQueen and the Hilts jacket , but there was a movie called “The Hunter” in which he did for the MA-1 jacket pretty much what he did for the A2.
His last film. I read in one of the Japanese publications that the MA-1 was a Sportsmasters.

foster

I never thought I would have any interest in Nylon jackets, mostly because it was too similar to work since modern textiles are largely defined by Polyester and Nylon. As the #2 ranking manmade fiber, I viewed it as commonplace, with less character than leather.

I will admit, my opinion has shifted in recent months. My interest in Nylon jackets has been growing throughout 2021, and given me a welcome distraction when I needed to get my mind off A-2's.

Dany McDonald

Anyone own a Real Mccoy L-2a (Not Buzz)? I've got my eye on one and would love your opinions...

Hi, can you share an image of the model you are after?

I own 2 RM L-2, a Reed and American Pad patterns and I think, from images comparison, that they are really well done. Color, knits,details, cut and NOS Crown zippers are what make them ahead from Buzz in my opinion. My only complain is that the manufacturer label is missing the original name...

I'd say try to find as much images of originals on the web and compare.

Dany

MaydayWei

Looking at one of their older models.
Full A. Pritzker and Sons repro, name and all.

1619628641440.png

1619628652228.png
1619628662588.png
1619628670434.png

Dany McDonald

Man that's a nice one, especially with the label and correct zips for that contract! It looks really well done.

What are your concerns if any?

D

Dany McDonald

Yeah but for a manufacturer label you always get a bit more $$$, authenticity is valued at a higher price, especially in Japan I guess.

But that RM Pritzker L-2A is probably one of the best recreation ont there for that jacket. At a size 34, you can wait and find yourself another L-2 A-B at a lesser price if you are patient.

Just saying ;)

I love Nylon!

D

MaydayWei

Yeah but for a manufacturer label you always get a bit more $$$, authenticity is valued at a higher price, especially in Japan I guess.

But that RM Pritzker L-2A is probably one of the best recreation ont there for that jacket. At a size 34, you can wait and find yourself another L-2 A-B at a lesser price if you are patient.

Just saying ;)

I love Nylon!

D

Saw an original sz 34 L-2a on the Bay listed for around 700 buckaroonies. Holy moly.
Some people really do love Nylon!

Dany McDonald

Saw an original sz 34 L-2a on the Bay listed for around 700 buckaroonies. Holy moly.

Yeah, N-3, L-2 and B-15 have a revival of interest, especially the first iterations. Japan is Nylon drunk, search for originals on yahoo and see the asking prices, sometimes more than their cloth iteration.

I've been looking for a N-3 for the last 15 months and the prices are going up-up-up.

Here's my collection of L-2 and L-2A, I am also drunk!...sorry Micawber...;)

L-2-WEBK.jpg

MaydayWei

Yeah, N-3, L-2 and B-15 have a revival of interest, especially the first iterations. Japan is Nylon drunk, search for originals on yahoo and see the asking prices, sometimes more than their cloth iteration.

I've been looking for a N-3 for the last 15 months and the prices are going up-up-up.

Here's my collection of L-2 and L-2A, I am also drunk!...sorry Micawber...;)

View attachment 59113

That's a beautiful collection. Being drunk isn't necessarily a bad thing! Maybe just don't tell the better-half!

Chandler

My only nylon is an N3-B -- and I only got it for nostalgic reasons (had one as a kid) and because I knew it would be nice and warm in the area I live in winter. I wear it during the extremes.

I just like natural fabrics better.