• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice, no very nice Pritzker 55J14

Roughwear

Curahee said:
David thanks for the info ;) Where did you get your copy of "Full Gear". Does it have all the contractnumbers for G-1's and A-2's ?

You can only buy the book from the author Aota Mituhiro. He's very easy to deal with and accepts Paypal. Yes Full Gear does have all the A2 and G-1 contract numbers.

Roughwear

Peter Graham said:
David, is it possible to provide the year of manufacture of my Aviators Clothing 55J14 from the same source ?

The Aviators Clothing 55J14, contract no N383S 22111 was placed in the 1949 fiscal year.

Curahee

But....on the FAQ section he says that he quesses the dates also...so his quess is as good as mine..I quess ?
Besides Roger states that later Pritzkers had green linings and not the broken USN stencil so....

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Curahee said:
But....on the FAQ section he says that he quesses the dates also...so his quess is as good as mine..I quess ?

No ... by guess, he doesn't mean stab in the dark. The dating is by interpolation from known dates, and information, and contract numbers are sequential ...

I have been compiling thousand of contract/order numbers that were seen on the labels of the each item actually. I guess the coverage of my compiled data would be over 95%. Sometimes you can find its date on small tabs or on un-issued package of the contract number. And published dates of specifications are also useful to fix their range of the contract date.ŽÊ This is how I guess every contract numbers' fiscal year. Anyway, remember that span of the fiscal year of US government before 1976 was from July 1st. to June 30th. So if a guessed fiscal year is 1940, the contract date might be 1939 or 1940.

Stony

It's not the M-422A it's the new Bogen & Tenenbaum AN-6552.

Sorry about the mistake. Anyway, I saw a Navy intermediate jacket at his place and it was nice. It may or may not have been the B&T, but the Monarch.

Curahee

Here are a few more pics of the jacket and me in it.

october2009006.jpg

october2009008.jpg

october2009007.jpg

m444uk

deeb7 said:
m444uk said:
Can somebody with Full Gear look up the contact date for this jacket ?

OK thanks. Only a 7 year difference. There a few 7823's around which are still brand new in box so it's not impossible there is a stash of 55J14's somewhere !

Curahee

m444uk said:
deeb7 said:
m444uk said:
Can somebody with Full Gear look up the contact date for this jacket ?

OK thanks. Only a 7 year difference. There a few 7823's around which are still brand new in box so it's not impossible there is a stash of 55J14's somewhere !

Amazing isn't it ? I saw a few pop on E-bay, but they are rare find. Where if I may ask
did you find it ? maybe they have a stash with my name on it :cool:

m444uk

A couple of years ago Senicko had 2.

Mine was still sealed in the bag and brand new. I sold it on Ebay and got another size 46.

Stuart Clurman at Lost Worlds has a new boxed 7823, not a Foster, I can't remember the make.

The boxes are quite small so could in theory get forgotten at the bottom of a cupboard etc.
Sometime back I got a pair of horsehide work boots that were new in box and had been sitting in the back of the
shoe shop since the 1950's !

delta102uk

Curahee said:
Here are a few more pics of the jacket and me in it.

Great Jacket!.....I picked up this Pritzker 55j14 a couple of years ago on eBay for $35 (poor photo and mis-described!)...the cuffs and waistband were past there best and the mouton was "dry" so I sent it off to Aero to be restored. Although it's labled a 42" it fit's more like a 44" and is very comfortable to wear....

Picture868.jpg

Picture865.jpg

Sean K