• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice, no very nice Pritzker 55J14

Curahee

I almost kissed the mailman (NO I did not) when he showed up today and wanted
my signature for a parcel, in it a sweet G-1 with my name on it. Needless to say
it made my day

pritzker001-1.jpg

All parts are original, zipper is working like a dream and the leather is...wow..supple and
the grain in patina is of the scale..in one word I'm in love (again) This one is dated 1948
it has the brown lining and the broken style USN stencil under the collar. It's missing it's
size tag but it's a small size 40 wich is just a little tight but no too much. I will post some
pics later on this week of me wearing it.

The thing that really amazes me is the mint collar. Anyway that's it for now, enjoy the pics

pritzker002.jpg

october2009009.jpg

Roughwear

Wow! Your Pritzker is in amazing condition for a 60 year old, and no signs of baldness at all! You must be delighted with your OAP. :lol:

Curahee

As long as he doesn't starts complaining about the young jackets and their shortcommings of
this day and age.

Curahee

Close but no it's an A.Pritzker & Sons 55J14, but I ordered my first GW and it looks like this

AN6552f.jpg

It's the new Bogen & Tenenbaum AN-6552........ :D

Peter Graham

You've really got the bug. There's nothing nicer than a well preserved vintage Navy jacket ( cue flak from A-2 fans !). That Pritzker is a beauty, the Goodwear's not bad either. :)

Grant

Whoa, that Pritzker is sick! The lighter brown color goatskin and that mouton collar make for a killer 55J14.
Gotta love the super grainy mismatched skins used as well. Sorry to say, but no repro can come close to that beauty.

m444uk

Grant said:
Whoa, that Pritzker is sick! The lighter brown color goatskin and that mouton collar make for a killer 55J14.
Gotta love the super grainy mismatched skins used as well. Sorry to say, but no repro can come close to that beauty.

Agreed. Nice patina.

Look at the mismatch on this jacket, sort of suggests to me it left the factory like this !

Aleoutians1943.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5573

Grant

Couldn't agree more!
Great photo BTW - that kid looks like a real bad ass. I'll bet after the war he moved to California and joined a little motorcycle club called the Hell's Angels.

rpmooreii

Very nice! I have had twp Pritz 55J14s in sz 46 and neither were anywhere near this nice. How do you know it is from 1948??

...Roger

Stony

Close but no it's an A.Pritzker & Sons 55J14, but I ordered my first GW and it looks like this

Was up at JC's last weekend and saw his new M-422a. You are going to be very happy when you get it.

Curahee

rpmooreii said:
Very nice! I have had twp Pritz 55J14s in sz 46 and neither were anywhere near this nice. How do you know it is from 1948??

...Roger

What I should have said was..."I think it dates back to around 1948" In my enthusiasm I was a little too quick to jump to this conclussion :oops: .
I searched other websites (mostly Japanese) and also your website where you describe a Pritzker as an early one because it has the broken style USN stencil and a brown lining. But I admitt it's a quess.

Curahee

Stony said:

Was up at JC's last weekend and saw his new M-422a. You are going to be very happy when you get it.

It's not the M-422A it's the new Bogen & Tenenbaum AN-6552.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Curahee said:
What I should have said was..."I think it dates back to around 1948" In my enthusiasm I was a little too quick to jump to this conclussion :oops: .
I searched other websites (mostly Japanese) and also your website where you describe a Pritzker as an early one because it has the broken style USN stencil and a brown lining. But I admitt it's a quess.

The Pritzker contract is FY 1951, Jeroen.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Curahee said:
Please elaborate.

The contract ... N383S 69537 55J14(AER) was awarded to A. Pritzker & Sons Inc. in the fiscal year 1951 i.e between July 1st 1950, and June 30 1951.
Full Gear, Aota Mituhiro, Page 123.

Curahee

David thanks for the info ;) Where did you get your copy of "Full Gear". Does it have all the contractnumbers for G-1's and A-2's ?