• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MY NEW MCCOYS M-1941 KNIT CAP WITH MY EASTMAN D1

mindful

Here is my new real McCoyS m-1941 knit cap perfect for the winter days coming up in London with my EASTMAN D1 ;)

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

Peter Graham

mindful said:
Peter Graham said:
Lookin' good, but get rid of the trainers. :)
what would you suggest they are vintage nikes thoughts they go well :?:
Not vintage enough mate. These are 40's garments you're wearing. The combo does not sit well. Do some research and you'll find a good look.

MikeyB-17

Perhaps a pair of the 40's style Converse Chuck Taylors? I don't think the trainers look too bad-I confess I don't always wear a complete 40's ensemble when I wear a WWII repro jacket-the D-1 and Jeep cap look great, BTW. I'd love one of the caps, but on seeing what they charge for them, perhaps not!

mindful

i wasn't trying to create an complete original 40s look just showing off the d1 with the knit cap i like my trainers as they are to be fair i do also have some chuck Taylor's which are probably more suitable to the rest of my gear but im not to bothered about that but thanks for the advise gents :)

mindful

MikeyB-17 said:
Perhaps a pair of the 40's style Converse Chuck Taylors? I don't think the trainers look too bad-I confess I don't always wear a complete 40's ensemble when I wear a WWII repro jacket-the D-1 and Jeep cap look great, BTW. I'd love one of the caps, but on seeing what they charge for them, perhaps not!
the knit cap it was £80 on pre-order but i love it plus being real mccoys jp and like the fact you wont see that many around ;)

Peter Graham

MikeyB-17 said:

Good idea Mike. Chuck Taylors. They would look great. Those Jeep caps can be bought from the likes of SOF or Epic militaria for about twenty quid. Probably not the same quality as the McCoy's one but they would do the job.

ausreenactor

Only takes one bush trip and the cheaper ones smell just like the expensive ones. It is how they recover (or don't recover) after a handwash... I think the sweatpants/trackie daks add to the looks as well.

Couchy

stanier

Purely personal choice, but I'd ditch the trainers and sweat pants and not go with Converse, but go with M-42 service shoes and either '37 or '44 LVC's, '42 Lee's or M1937 service trousers for more smarter occasions. These choices would be a better match for the nature of the D-1 and cap, IMHO.

The D-1 would look cool with a Real McCoys enlisted mans wool shirt underneath if you like their stuff (I do too).

Cheers