• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

Sideslip

I was not aware of there being quite so many choices for goatskin by Goodwear. The Mexican skins look great too. Did JC elaborate on the differences between the various options? Decisions, decisions!
JC seems to be able to find great sources. An additional choice and everyone’s responses confirm what we all know already; you can’t go wrong with JC’s advice. I’ve only handled one original USN jacket (Cagleco 7823 late 1950’s) but the one I am looking to from John is end WW2 ANJ3A which would be lighter in colour than the post war/1950s jackets.

Am wearing my Monarch right now so a different goat on this one too :).

entertainment

Just heard from John last week, very very excited. There is a choice of leathers for the ANJ3A. I am humming and hawing between the new 2024 Mexican vs the Pakistani goatskin. Can anyone comment on their experience with either? Ultimately, I am more than happy to be guided by John's expertise, but interested in your thoughts as well (hoping he does not mind me reproduce this photo here).

View attachment 142775
Here is my AN-J-3A in what I think is the leather on the far left, and apologies for the repost of the photo here from the WJAYWATM thread.
IMG_1569.JPG