• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LVC 501s

bob capa

This thread im sure allready crossed over into Lee land allready so i felt safe enough to post em here

glad you liked em

sam

airfrogusmc

Swing said:
airfrogusmc said:
If anyones interested here are some detailed shots of the 1917s I jsut got from Dejan. I ordered them on Monday and they came this AM.

Never fails to amaze me how quick, and relatively inexpensively, he can ship jeans out to people.

Cool looking pair of jeans! Got an over all shot, front and back? What's the waist actually measure?

After wearing my Full Counts for a month I'm back into my '44 501s for this week. Damn I love how they fit! Need to get me another pair!

~Swing

Swing here are some full shots just shot a little while ago. I've been literally living in these for the past what 3 weeks. They are actually darker than the photos show. The available light was very contrasty and two lazy to set any lights up. If you're looking for a pair of early 20 century 501s I would HIGHLY recommend these.

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

Swing

airfrogusmc said:
Swing here are some full shots just shot a little while ago. I've been literally living in these for the past what 3 weeks. They are actually darker than the photos show. The available light was very contrasty and two lazy to set any lights up. If you're looking for a pair of early 20 century 501s I would HIGHLY recommend these.
Those are the new 1917s?! Wow you've hit 'em hard! My 37s, 44s, and Full Counts have all had a month straight wear at one point (and the 44s have probably had over two months overall, and the Full Counts are getting there), and none of them have anywhere near the amount of indigo loss. But summer is almost here and 44's, and especially the 37s, are going to get some use and abuse.

~Swing

airfrogusmc

Swing said:
airfrogusmc said:
Those are the new 1917s?! Wow you've hit 'em hard! My 37s, 44s, and Full Counts have all had a month straight wear at one point (and the 44s have probably had over two months overall, and the Full Counts are getting there), and none of them have anywhere near the amount of indigo loss. But summer is almost here and 44's, and especially the 37s, are going to get some use and abuse.

~Swing

I've been really living in them. My jeans always wear fast on the thighs. The denim on these 1917s though thin (9/10 oz) are stiff. Much stiffer than my 1933s were. They remind me a lot of the early 1901s I had. Real similar if not the same denim. I think those 1901s were Japanese denim also. Anyway the stiffness really leaves creases and they are already starting to show some wear and I'm starting to see some faint whiskers and combs already. I'm not going to soak until Sept or Oct. I just hope the Mrs doesn't get her hands on them like she has in the past :lol: They start getting that on the street odor and she'll wash'm when I ain't look'n.

Grant

Looking good Allen!
Notice you like to roll your cuffs up. I'm more into the larger single or double cuff myself, similar to these dudes:

3074244556_21a9ea0a86_o.jpg

3218495956_fe89f76b38_o.jpg

... and if you're really feeling up to it go for these cuffs:

3235397278_26f32e5b76_o.jpg

airfrogusmc

Grant they should be perfect after the fully shrink. That old cowboy on the cover of life has on some great denim and one heck of a cuff...

Doug C

Great looking jeans Airfrog, they're still on my short list... soon, real soon. The 1917's have all the cool details. Hey Grant, I'm the same way with the cuffs, no rolling or folding for me, never did care for the look but I do like the look of one single big turn-up, especially with a well worn pair of boots. I sort of get that "cowboy on the cover of Life" look with my 201's in particular.
~Doug C

Cobblers161

Beautiful 1917's, not sure what you do in them but they look sweet. Thanks for the pics, I'm envious and now have a pair on my ever growing 'wants' list.

Thanks again Grant for even more fascinating images. These few bring into question my old bug bear regarding selvedge width. Any ideas what Levis ay of these these are (provided they are Levis) as the selvedge is definately 1" and wider than the current crop of LVC's which is pretty much 1/2" across the board. I realise it's difficult to tell from these photos but I imagine there are others bearing in mind Life was in the habit of producing comprehensive reportage stories.

Apologies for bringing this up again.... No really!

Happy Hooligan

nice 17's Allen,

I've been going between my new 33's and my 37's... I love them both.

I watched The Long, Long Trailer last night and Ricky is sporting some very high cuffed denim worth checking out...

Cobblers161

Re-Cuffs, if I were 19 again or working a farmstead I'd be going for the penny catcher singles but at a stately 41 a nice 1 1/2" to 2" turn up (roll) suits nicely. But then us English are rather reserved.

Doug C

The arcuates on these 1917s sure do make them look like someone set down and did 'em by hand. I mean it would probably be noticable to even an untrained eye and I'd imagine that the casual observer may think there was something peculiar or special about those jeans - but just couldn't put their finger on it.
Doug C

Doug C

'c'...cone? maybe to signify to the japanese market that they're special and are made with US denim instead of the Kurabo (or whatever it is) denim that would be standard - since these are a japanese pair. This is just total speculation though and I couldn't come up with anything better at mid-night :) .
Doug C

A

Anonymous

Hi some of the sellers on ebay are saying that the Lvc line has been dropped by Levi ,does anyone know if this is true .
Rgds Jeff

Swing

DUBOWA2 said:
Hi some of the sellers on ebay are saying that the Lvc line has been dropped by Levi ,does anyone know if this is true .
Rgds Jeff

I believe they've been dropped from the American market, not that they were all that available here to begin with. Priced in the $60 to $80 range (a price more in line with the product's quality), the LVC line might have done better here.

~Swing

Doug C

yea, what swing said.. they haven't carried much of the LVC stuff in the US anyway, mostly just the '47 model jeans lately, so the news that they officially dropped it from the US market isn't much news really.
Doug C

Burnsie

What they chose to stock at the US Levi's stores has been crap for years anyway - no big loss.
Anyone else gone for the "real vintage" collection of Lee's and Wranglers from Japan? Really exceptional stuff...

Swing

Burnsie said:
What they chose to stock at the US Levi's stores has been crap for years anyway - no big loss.
Anyone else gone for the "real vintage" collection of Lee's and Wranglers from Japan? Really exceptional stuff...

I'm interested in getting a pair of Japanese Lee's, but don't know were to find them, and doubt they'll be big enough for me anyways. I need a raw measurement in the 40" to 41" range to be able to fit into them after a cold, jeans on, soak.

Been wearing a pair of Fullcount 0105Cs for most of the past three months. Bought those in a size 40 (43" waist) to get the amount of rise I wanted. I've been able to hot wash them to down below 40", but they stretch back out. May pick up a pair of size 38s before Blue in Green sells out of them. I really like Fullcount's product. My 0105Cs are going to get a hot wash Sunday night, their third in the past four weeks, and the color is staying dark in the non-wear areas. Since they're not at tight as I'd like I'm not getting much in the way of combs or whiskers, but I am getting some nice wear, and they should look pretty good when the contest ends for me in March 2010.

~Swing

Burnsie

Swing said:
Burnsie said:
I'm interested in getting a pair of Japanese Lee's, but don't know were to find them, and doubt they'll be big enough for me anyways. I need a raw measurement in the 40" to 41" range to be able to fit into them after a cold, jeans on, soak.
Yeah, the biggest size I've seen is 36 waist - they don't shrink though so I can get into the 34's. Got a pair of 36's first but they stayed 36. They are readily available though, I've gotten pairs from Aero and Speedway Shop.