• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just won this A-2 on Ebay

bazelot

Peter Graham said:
Nice one Tom. I bet that will tidy up well. Any idea of the maker. I'm useless at ID'ing A-2's.
It looks like a no name contract 27753.
I am aware of the dry areas around the shoulders. I asked the seller and he told me that the leather was still strong. I guess I will see when I get it.
Never had a fighter pilot A-2 before, so for the price I decided to get it :)

shanghai joe

bazelot said:
Peter Graham said:
Nice one Tom. I bet that will tidy up well. Any idea of the maker. I'm useless at ID'ing A-2's.
It looks like a no name contract 27753.
I am aware of the dry areas around the shoulders. I asked the seller and he told me that the leather was still strong. I guess I will see when I get it.
Never had a fighter pilot A-2 before, so for the price I decided to get it :)

good price, great conquest!

pix when the jkt arrives!

bazelot

Miles_Archer said:
Now THAT is dry rot.
Probably but it seems to be limited to the shoulder area. I am buying it for the history (P47 pilot) not to wear :) I can't wait to get the name and track him down.

taikonaut

(What is the zipper and is it original?)

Ignore that bit, just read the description.

It is a good price.

Roughwear

Excellent buy. Yes it looks like the no-name 27753 contract. I have seen others from this contract with leather surface flaking.

bazelot

Roughwear said:
Excellent buy. Yes it looks like the no-name 27753 contract. I have seen others from this contract with leather surface flaking.

I think it's fairly common for this contract. I had one that did that alittle bit as well but did not compromise the integrity of the jacket.

Peter Graham

Tom, as I said, I'm useless at ID'ing A-2's but I've been comparing the photos with my own 27753 and the pockets check out but the cross stitched area of the eppulettes on your jacket is a lot smaller and the loops look much bigger. One thing I've noticed about this contract is how short the loop is. I can just about fit two fingers through mine. I look forward to seeing some better pics when it arrives. I don't think your jacket has dry rot.

dujardin

hello Baz'

nice one, with a little Pecard she will be great.

a little request, can you place me on your testament ??????????, :) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

byeeeeeee marcel

Just looked at those photos again carefully. Dragged em to my desktop and enlarged them. You guys really don't think the top of the right shoulder is dry-rotted?
What is your definition of dry rot?

Miles_Archer said:

Ummmm,

Depends on whether you are the vendor or not.

My favourite description from vendors is "minor surface flaking" .

In my experience with collecting WW2 RAF head gear, this statement means it has red rot and it's fucked. I don't think jackets are any different.

BEVAN

shanghai joe

bristolherc said:
Miles_Archer said:

Ummmm,

Depends on whether you are the vendor or not.

My favourite description from vendors is "minor surface flaking" .

In my experience with collecting WW2 RAF head gear, this statement means it has red rot and it's f*cked. I don't think jackets are any different.

BEVAN

I've been told to look at the collar too........asking for pix with collars upturned from front and back view.......if the collars' FORNICATED and the shoulder areas and at no extra cost the upper back area you've been visited by the jkt demon.......... :twisted:

what do I know I've never had the privelege of dry-rot...yet! :eek: