• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeans to wear with your flight jackets ...

blackrat2

Very nice Grant, have always found the Levi’s patch very hard to age if that’s the right word?!
Do you do anything to the patches on your jeans Grant or is it that Levi’s do something to them?
Been wearing one pair of the 44 Levi’s I got at Christmas and have to say I do like this batch of the Japanese made jeans over the previous pairs I had, some ten years or so ago..hard going mind
IMG_2621.jpeg
IMG_2621.jpeg
IMG_2620.jpeg

Grant

Very nice Grant, have always found the Levi’s patch very hard to age if that’s the right word?!
Do you do anything to the patches on your jeans Grant or is it that Levi’s do something to them?
Been wearing one pair of the 44 Levi’s I got at Christmas and have to say I do like this batch of the Japanese made jeans over the previous pairs I had, some ten years or so ago..hard going mind
Hey John,
Warehouse goes the extra yard and uses deerskin for their leather patches which from what I understand is what LEVI's' and other denim makers used back in the day. I'm not sure what leather LVC uses for its patches but it's definitely not deerskin.
Glad you like your LVC Japan '44's. Over time and with heavy wear they'll fade beautifully!

ButteMT61

I've been buying/wearing these guys for about three years now. Made in LA, and very competitive, price wise. Lots of sizes and weights/colors to choose from and are awesome jeans.
Not affiliated, and I have a lot of their stuff now from jackets to jeans.

blackrat2

Just wondered if anyone has any images of a USN Shawl Collar jacket to assist me on what is the right sizing…I have seen some images predominantly from Japan in Instagram, where they seem to like stuff snug and on the short side!
I am considering selling on my S40 jacket as I like the idea of a slightly longer length which I think the shawl collar jacket would be?!

Thomas Koehle

Just wondered if anyone has any images of a USN Shawl Collar jacket to assist me on what is the right sizing…I have seen some images predominantly from Japan in Instagram, where they seem to like stuff snug and on the short side!
I am considering selling on my S40 jacket as I like the idea of a slightly longer length which I think the shawl collar jacket would be?!

I own one from “At The Front” in the USA - was dirt cheap and I bought it as a complete set with the matching pants - I will dig through my photos and post something tomorrow

blackrat2

Thanks Thomas, we have been looking at originals but they are crazy money now am pretty much decided on one from TCB, the buttons look good and the denim they use , one wash 10oz will make for a pretty comfy jacket,,just not sure what length they should be

Grant

MASH CO did a brilliant job reproducing 1930's/40's US Army denim also worn extensively by Civilian Conservation Corp workers. The lighter weight denim started out a dark indigo but is fading and wearing in beautifully. MASH also did great job reproducing the old US Army zinc buttons and quartermaster tag.

D1.jpg
D2.jpg
D7.jpg
D8.jpg
D4.jpg
D3.jpg

Grant

Have to ask Grant, how many pairs of denim’s you have on rotation, all have got great fades etc
Any images of the Japanese 44’s your currently breaking in?!

I have maybe three or four pairs in rotation any given time with very little washing in between. Unfortunately, the LVC Japan 44's haven't been worn much but this fall I'll get to them!

Adama36

MASH CO did a brilliant job reproducing 1930's/40's US Army denim also worn extensively by Civilian Conservation Corp workers. The lighter weight denim started out a dark indigo but is fading and wearing in beautifully. MASH also did great job reproducing the old US Army zinc buttons and quartermaster tag.

View attachment 158005View attachment 158007View attachment 158009View attachment 158011View attachment 158013View attachment 158015
these looks way better than the ones sold by WPG -Wish I could find a pair

Grant

these looks way better than the ones sold by WPG -Wish I could find a pair

Yes, when it comes to denim the Japanese are passionate about getting it right. Every once in a while MASH re-stocks their denim and chambray. You just have to keep checking back now and then. Good luck!