• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeans to wear with your flight jackets ...

B-Man2

I think all store bought jeans I've seen in photos are all cuffed and cutting them off is a modern trend
If you were a child of Depression Era parents or a Baby Boomer you would know that your parents NEVER cut your jeans off but cuffed them instead . The reason being is that you were going to wear those jeans for years and your parents always bought them one size bigger than you wore and always cuffed them so you had room to grow in them thereby saving the cost of buying a new pair when you grew out of them . :)

Chandler

If you were a child of Depression Era parents or a Baby Boomer you would know that your parents NEVER cut your jeans off but cuffed them instead . The reason being is that you were going to wear those jeans for years and your parents always bought them one size bigger than you wore and always cuffed them so you had room to grow in them thereby saving the cost of buying a new pair when you grew out of them . :)
Don't forget those iron-on patches when you got holes in the knees!

Greg Gale

Found the holy grail!

I always wanted a pair of high rise jeans, but they don’t make those anymore unless they are quite baggy. Even Levis 501s are too baggy for my liking. I always wanted something slimmer but still high rise. Think Bruce Springsteen in the 80s if you know what I mean.

I not only found the perfect pair but the cherry on top is that they’s great quality, sturdy 12oz selvedge jeans. Slim enough to look good but enough room so they’re not restrictive - selvedge jeans can be quite rigid compared to today’s Levis with 1% elastic.

So look and behold, Bronson’s new 1969 jeans. Well, “Non stock” actually. I’m a size 32, 6’ tall, 165lbs, the size 32 is a perfect fit.

Works really great with A-2s too.

IMG_1400.jpeg
IMG_1397.jpeg
IMG_1405.jpeg
IMG_1407.jpeg

Pa12

Anyone recognize these? Someone asked me today, where did I buy them. Well I’ll be damned if I can remember . Don’t even remember when but it seems like 20 plus years ago. Obviously not accurate repro of anything but super comfortable. Great for flying, driving, riding, but that’s about it as they’re quite thin and unlined.
IMG_5689.jpeg

Flightengineer

Usually wear chinos or work pants with my flight jackets, if jeans are old high-waisted Levi 505s ( US made ) or old good 501s or Lee 101 from their archival series from the 1950s.
However, my absolute favorite to go with A2/B15 is the randomly purchased limited edition made of Kaihara raw denim jeans from Japanese Uniqlo U-series. Wide fit in the spirit of 40s work pants, high-waisted, very smart look, large back pockets and a great fade after years. I bought 2 pairs 4 years ago, one is pretty worn out, second I keep as a reserve. If I have time later I'll add a pics.

Drzdave58

Do you remember GWG jeans? The great western garment company in Edmonton. In the 70’s I don’t remember seeing any Levi jeans. Everyone had either gwg or Lee.
Yes I remember GWG jeans. Haven't noticed any at the thrift stores. I've been lucky finding Levi's in like new condition at the thrift stores in my city. I get them for about $15 a pair.