• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JAMES HOLLAND ON TIKTOK

Grant

For those on Tiktok, James Holland has started posting some cool stories about WWII kit. His segment on the Irvin was cool to see, but I cringed seeing such a lovely Irvin's shoulder seams straining on that hanger!

Holland copy.jpg

B-Man2

I am on the same boat, Burt. Not sure it is so much about being a dinosaur as it is about having a life outside of social media. A rare occurrence these days.
Thanks for that Lorenzo .
I was thinking that I must really be a technophobe ( is that even a word :oops:). Anyway it’s good to know there are others out there like me .

Smithy

I chuck all my leather jackets on the floor or on one of the chairs in Smithy's Dungeon. I only use hangers for tweed jackets, suits or overcoats and parkas, that kind of thing.

If it's leather or shearling it's getting biffed in a pile usually on the floor, never a hanger.

mulceber

I chuck all my leather jackets on the floor or on one of the chairs in Smithy's Dungeon. I only use hangers for tweed jackets, suits or overcoats and parkas, that kind of thing.

If it's leather or shearling it's getting biffed in a pile usually on the floor, never a hanger.

Some of us have more jackets than space, and having a pile of jackets out where any visitors can see them can lead to questions about my hobby I'd rather not answer. ;)

Smithy

Some of us have more jackets than space, and having a pile of jackets out where any visitors can see them can lead to questions about my hobby I'd rather not answer. ;)

Very true, although when the then girlfriend and I were in a piddly flat I used to stow them in a pile under the bed and spare bed when we had one. Out of the way and works just the same.

Edward

I’m such a friggin dinosaur :rolleyes:
Heard of Tik Tok …… don’t know a thing about it :(
its a waste of time. like most social media apps. I can't keep up with them all. a friend of mine kept telling me to get this app, get that app, post here and not there etc. he kept telling me to get instagram, reddit, twitter, snapchat etc and I told him I had enough troubles keeping up with Facebook posts and he can message me there. he was a techno social media jjunkie. I asked him why would he bother to post to 4 different apps? what a waste of time! he told me one day "EVERYONE" was migrating off Facebook and moving to google+ circle like everyone moved off MySpace and went to Facebook. So "now" you can have a "circle of friends" at invite only blah blah blah. I checked it out and even joined a group... but guess what. google+ lasted 8 years... by April 2019 google shut it down. so much for a huge migration off Facebook to google+ :rolleyes: anyway, now TikTok is the new thing... sort of. from what I understand what you post is very limited in how much time you have I think from 15 seconds to about 1 minute. then it cuts off and you have to continue with a part two and that is IF you follow the person And can find the "part 2" it is very crowded, unorganized and convoluted. I watched the usual millennial hot chicks dance and wiggle their asses and twerk for about 20 minutes, scrolled though some of the cutsie and funny posts and then deleted it. took a walk and listened to birds chirping in the trees. you are not missing anything really on any of these social posting apps. now Facebook isn't even much fun anymore. just a soap box for political agendas. we used to laugh at people posting what their cats were doing... now I wish they would because now all the hate and political correctness "me too" gens have taken over. then its just the same stuff over and over again every day. /end rant.

Last edited:

Smithy

its a waste of time. like most social media apps. I can't keep up with them all. a friend of mine kept telling me to get this app, get that app, post here and not there etc. he kept telling me to get instagram, reddit, twitter, snapchat etc and I told him I had enough troubles keeping up with Facebook posts and he can message me there. he was a techno social media jjunkie. I asked him why would he bother to post to 4 different apps? what a waste of time! he told me one day "EVERYONE" was migrating off Facebook and moving to google+ circle like everyone moved off MySpace and went to Facebook. So "now" you can have a "circle of friends" at invite only blah blah blah. I checked it out and even joined a group... but guess what. google+ lasted 8 years... by April 2019 google shut it down. so much for a huge migration off Facebook to google+ :rolleyes: anyway, now TikTok is the new thing... sort of. from what I understand what you post is very limited in how much time you have I think from 15 seconds to about 1 minute. then it cuts off and you have to continue with a part two and that is IF you follow the person And can find the "part 2" it is very crowded, unorganized and convoluted. I watched the usual millennial hot chicks dance and wiggle their asses and twerk for about 20 minutes, scrolled though some of the cutsie and funny posts and then deleted it. took a walk and listened to birds chirping in the trees. you are not missing anything really on any of these social posting apps. now Facebook isn't even much fun anymore. just a soap box for political agendas. we used to laugh at people posting what their cats were doing... now I wish they would because now all the hate and political correctness "me too" gens have taken over. then its just the same stuff over and over again every day. /end rant.

Nice one Ed.

I don't know whether this is a badge of pride or old fogeyness, but I've never had a social media account thingie, no Facebook, no Myspace, no Twitter, no Instagram, no Snapchap, etc, etc.

I have two email addresses, one for family and mates, and one that I use for registering on sites to buy stuff, join a forum, etc. I've done that for well over 20 years and have never felt I'm missing out. I have no urge to broadcast beyond my family or close friends what I am doing on a social media platform (I do enough here) nor do I have any urge to get randomly sent what some prick I played rugby with 25 years ago happened to have for lunch today.

Smithy

I used to like his Dad before he passed away . Seemed like a pleasant type .

Burt just noticed this buddy but I think the old boy is still knocking around and hasn't fallen off his perch just yet.

We used to always get him on telly back home when it was UK election time and they were covering it.

B-Man2

Burt just noticed this buddy but I think the old boy is still knocking around and hasn't fallen off his perch just yet.

We used to always get him on telly back home when it was UK election time and they were covering it.
lOL !!:D
Oops ! My apologies Mr. Snow !
Obviously reports of your demise have been greatly exaggerated! :D