• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I think I may have done ok... N3 parka PICS ADDED last page.

rich

Re: I think I may have done ok... N3 parka

I'll say you did a lot better than OK Tim- looks stunning, and less than half the price of a Buzz repro!

Tim P

Running round the house like a frickin loo na tic. putting up my RMNZ RW to fund it. I can't help worrying that after my last lemon of a parka I need to be wary but those pics seem to indicate a very well preserved jacket.

Peter Graham

Way to go Tim ! Excellent. One of my dream jackets. If the label is wrong and it's a small....well, you know where to come. Seriously, I hope it works out well for you. I respect a man who will sell leather to fund nylon. Some folks turn their noses up at nylon. How wrong they are. ;)

USMC_GAU-21

Well done Tim!!!

A gorgeous example, can't wait to see you in it! Close ups and all. One jacket I really want in the collection, good for you.

r/Dan

watchmanjimg

Outstanding! I'm jealous, but would be more so if it was a Large. :mrgreen:

Clark J

Very nice TP!!But just when are you going to be able to wear it???

Weasel_Loader

Nice job. That was a great deal. I was following that and almost had a go at it, but I know these run large and it would have been too big on me. I did find it odd that the fur was rather short on this model. You do find many variations of different furs. I really like the versions with the dark highlights. Oh great, I'm sounding like some fashion designer now!!! :shock:

Congrats!!! That was an excellent buy. You can buy quite a few more of those originals before equaling the price of a Buzz N-3. ;)

Willy McCoy

That was a very good snag for sure. If you can hang onto your leather too, do it.

Tim P

It will be cold enough to wear it for a good deal of the British winters we currently enjoy. Nice just to have too.

joeson

Very good score.Welcome to the N-3 club.As previously mentioned,these do run large.

Tim P

It is on the way suitably described and undervalued according to the vendor. Whilst in dialogue with him I have been bemused by the claim that this appears to never have had a decal at the shoulder. now I know that this is far from impossible in general terms but is anyone able to state that the decal was omitted from some contracts? or is this a peculiarity to this jacket?
of course it may be when it arrives that it has simply worn to nothing and he has not paid it any heed.

watchmanjimg

Tim, in some cases the decal can wear away to the point where it's very difficult to see any trace. I'd wait until it arrives before drawing any conclusions.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

Both Full Gear, and Suit Up show Reed N-3's without any trace of a stencil ... the N-3A's, and N-3B's illustrated are mostly with stencils.

watchmanjimg

Check this out:

http://www.vintagetrends.com/military/i ... &ST=N3%2DB

We can only assume that there were a limited number of jackets available for the authors of the Japanese treatises to examine, but obviously the N-3 began life with a stencil. The black outline perhaps deteriorates more readily than the full-color type, but even these can be hard to detect in some cases. My original L-2A and B-15C have only the slightest trace of lettering visible, and then upon the closest inspection.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.

watchmanjimg said:
We can only assume that there were a limited number of jackets available for the authors of the Japanese treatises to examine, but obviously the N-3 began life with a stencil.

They weren't making any claims either way, Jim, and neither was I ... just reporting that other pictures are consistant with those in the eBay listing.

joeson

Mine is by Sigmund Eisner co. and has a small white stencil to the interior and a faded colour one to the sleeve.

Tim P

I am pleased that other Reeds seem to be minus decal. I am happy for mine to be as it should be. maybe its a contractual thing... 10234. the buzz one is 12107