• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i don't know anything about ww2 irvin jackets ...

Roughwear

Wow!! Someone got a good deal there! It would appear to date from around 1941 and has the characteristics of Irvin Air Chute. Its a decent size too. Did anyone here buy it?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
All jackets have a smell! ;) Yes, some smell musky ....

That must be polite for musty .... either way, they usually smell better than the trousers. ;)

HHjackets

i think the buyer hit the bin and then asked a few questions, realising it's not what he's looking for and the seller accepting returns, he backed out.

Roughwear

HHjackets said:
i think the buyer hit the bin and then asked a few questions, realising it's not what he's looking for and the seller accepting returns, he backed out.

Sound like it could have been you. ;) :)

havocpaul

I personally like these 'electrically-wired' Irvins so it interests me still, then again it is be because of my interest in Bomber Command in particular.

HHjackets

Roughwear said:
HHjackets said:

Sound like it could have been you. ;) :)

... as soon as he confirmed they smell 'musky'! i mean 'musty' !

Roughwear

One great picture, helpful written details and the privilege of meeting the seller who has a very strong grasp of history when the buyer collects the jacket! What more could you ask for. :lol:

havocpaul

Well I've been bidding and will continue to do so but can't help thinking it can't help when somebody who states he isn't going to bid tells the seller one sold for £800 a while back! If I recall that one hadn't had it's 'wiring' panels removed and was in near perfect condition?

philip.ed

God I hate people that are so stuck up their own arse they feels it's their business to tell sellers that their items are worth x-amount and shouldn't listen to prospective buyers who say otherwise, and also shouldn't accept less than x-amount.
How are people who don't have unlimted funds meant to build a collection when sellers who are selling potentially 'cheap' items get 'advised' this way? It's ridiculous really.

havocpaul

At least this seller seems honest enough to let it run whatever the bids but as you say it can be harmful when some muppet tries to be clever, there's too many folk who think they're some kind of self-appointed eBay police and experts in all matters, I get them sometimes when I've listed items too.

Andrew

Yes, that is stoopid however you would hope that most people contemplating a sizeable purchase wouldn't be swayed by that kind of comment- it may well be a firend/ family etc.

What I hate more is people like the first person asking the obviously bogus question to buy it now because they want to wear it in the chilly winter- it's more likely to reappear in their online shop. That person is Caron Wilson and her hubby Ian, who go by the Ebay name of Bombphoons. They appear to buy cheap and sell big. Here's their newly launched website. No Irvins for sale at the moment but they have an amazing collection of gear so i'm sure they've had one or two previously.

http://www.bombphoons.com/