• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to store jackets

Mr. Mike

For stored away treasures I exactly follow ELCs old advice to keep them in their original box (together with moth killer). One Jacket I always put on a plastic torso for display (changed with the season) and the rest on current duty is kept flat somewhere safe lying around. Leather treatment only applied when a jacket inadvertently took too much rain.

B-Man2

We have a cat at home so that approach would be fraught with potential catastrophe. I threatened to turn the cat into guitar strings if he went near the jackets but as he just blinked and turned his back on me, I have resorted to piling them on my desk or in an inaccessible cupboard. Have suggested moving to my wife for more room… and I only have 4…
We have 3 cats …… o_O
The door stays locked ! ;)

johnwayne

Not sure if they still do them but ELC did sell a storage ‘facilty’ which I think was nothing more than an overly large/tall box with slide out drawers made of card board(?) that came flat as a DIY task and as with ELC stuff didn't come cheap either!

bn1966

I tape two decent wooden hangers together & then pad around with bubble wrap for me A-1, A-2 etc & lay shearling flat..I’m also an advocate of multiple moth killer cassettes and anti moth spray in my wardrobe

bn1966

Had the Eastman cardboard storage system but eventually junked it as taking up too much space..

OperationCoffee

Only Nylons go on (thick wooden) hangars in my house. Leather jackets go in sterilite containers, stacked, with an old cotton shirt placed between them, and situated such that the leather is not touching the plastic sides. Jackets in rotation are thrown on top of the bed in the guest bedroom.

Smithy

Hell's bells! I can't believe we're going through this kind of thread again for the umpteenth time.

Just chuck the bloody things on the floor in the spare bedroom or under your bed.

People seriously over think this stuff.

It's a leather jacket not a pixie dress made by the elves of Narnia!

Lord Flashheart

Hell's bells! I can't believe we're going through this kind of thread again for the umpteenth time.

Just chuck the bloody things on the floor in the spare bedroom or under your bed.

People seriously over think this stuff.

It's a leather jacket not a pixie dress made by the elves of Narnia!

True. But the wool bits aren't leather. I begrudge any wool moth fancying a little dinner on my knits!