• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with A-2 sizing fellas?

ButteMT61

So, I nought this one from Thurston. Hoping it's a good fit, but I'm worried some aspects might be too large. Will see! If not, I can exchange or build a new one.
It looks good and I see Gail sewed 'er up, so 10 years later, I have another Gail jacket incoming...

ButteMT61

Thanks a lot guys! I'm excited, but at the same time, it's odd buying a stock item after years of getting customs! Hoping my luck changes with this one!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

ButteMT61

Well, I got it and it's a beautiful jacket for sure. I think every Aero I've ever bought has had high(er) arm pits that seem to get me a bit. I'm not sure yet what I will do. I think that otherwise it fits well, but I also have doubts that the pits will stretch or break-in?
I'm on a weight-loss thing right now, so maybe it will be OK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Happy Holidays. Who cares, right? IT'S JUST a jacket ;)

Nickb123

Well, I got it and it's a beautiful jacket for sure. I think every Aero I've ever bought has had high(er) arm pits that seem to get me a bit. I'm not sure yet what I will do. I think that otherwise it fits well, but I also have doubts that the pits will stretch or break-in?
I'm on a weight-loss thing right now, so maybe it will be OK. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Happy Holidays. Who cares, right? IT'S JUST a jacket ;)

Every Aero A-2 I’ve had new has required a lot of break in. I imagine that’s what’s going on rather than a sizing issue. It’ll get there. I go back and forth with the Vicenza because of this very reason but when an occasional moment rationality hits me I know it just needs to be worn. When it gets to that point it’ll relax. High arm holes indeed.

ButteMT61

Thank you, @Nickb123 !!! Appreciate the words of encouragement. I hate the feeling of high arms, but I get it. I just need to keep going on weight loss and that should help too! Been raining more thanb we've seen in years, so that's good, but only wearing my non-leather bits for now.
Happy New Year - let's hope. :)